Fire the coaching staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

If this continues to go off the rails, it brings up the old question “Can you afford to/Can you afford not to?”
    Muma can make this happen. The athletic department is going to have to borrow money from WSU. The fans and donors are unlikely to put up any money until they see who their money is going to. Marshall and Stephenson were both outstanding at getting the money guys to write checks. Finding other coaches who can do that is part of the challenge.

Muma was around during Bardo's time and saw how Bardo used Marshall's success to build WSU. I have several friends who were high-ranking profs at that time and they assure me that Muma has no problem making difficult decisions that affect the future of WSU. Muma's handling of Boatright and hiring Saal support their positions.

On the academic side it will be incredibly unpopular to take funds from the endowment and "borrow" them to the athletic department. If Muma thinks he can handle that reaction or convince the academics that athletics support them, then the money can be there to make a change after this season. I'm leaning toward Muma telling Saal to do whatever he thinks is needed in his department and that one way or another the money will be there.

Muma and Saal both strike me as people who will not accept mediocrity in any aspect that affects WSU.

If there is a coaching change after this season and no reports of big $$ donors kicking in, Muma is going to take the most incredible heat you can imagine from the academic side.
    Last edited by Aargh; December 22, 2022, 11:09 PM.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I’m so disappointed that Abbide can’t get on the court and Okafor can’t produce like a legit player, which makes us watch Rojas single handedly erase any good he does with the most bone head plays i’ve ever seen.

Comment

• Exceptional

Comment

• Bump
          The Assman

Comment

• isn’t anything to say that hasn’t been said.

Comment

• Unless the AD and or President come out and say they can’t afford to fire someone I don’t want to hear WSU can’t afford it. Only those on the inside truly know.

Comment

• He’s got to go NOW. This is just becoming a total embarrassment

Comment

• Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
                  isn’t anything to say that hasn’t been said.
                  Yes there is:

”You’re fired”
                  The Assman

Comment

• Fired that incompetent idiot immediately. Take out a loan to pay him off…gofund me, bake sale…anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                      Fired that incompetent idiot immediately. Take out a loan to pay him off…gofund me, bake sale…anything.
                      With all the turnovers WSU is giving out today, you would think they already started the bake sale
                      The Assman

Comment

• Billboard time?

Comment

• Amazing how quickly the program has been dismantled, crapped on, flushed away, and now simply buried. Every single coach on that bench puts me to sleep.
                          At least show you give a crap IB or just freakin’ quit!.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                            Fired that incompetent idiot immediately. Take out a loan to pay him off…gofund me, bake sale…anything.
                            I’m willing to write a HUGE check, as long as they don’t try to cash it.

Comment

• If I win the lottery, it's covered
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                                If I win the lottery, it's covered
                                Maybe the next time the lottery gets into the hundreds of millions we all go in together. If we win, we keep half and tell Saal he can have the other half to fix the program.

Comment

Working...
                                X