Fire the coaching staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Who out there fits that profile? And Sampson's stain was relatively minor compared to some.
    The Jans ship has likely sailed; he had a slight ‘rump mark’ in his drawers following the Bowling Green incident… WSU and specifically coach Marshall came up to his rescue. If I was AD, I’d definitely have him on speed dial. All he does is win.
    He would regenerate the fan base.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Who out there fits that profile? And Sampson's stain was relatively minor compared to some.
      There's a little Goodfella floating around out there.

Comment

Pitino. That’d be an amazing hire imo. Jans, Heier, Pitino, I’d be open to any of them. Also personally open to the Assistant Coach from the Raptors that was interested, forgot his name though. Other than that I’d have to trust the AD to find someone good.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

The Jans ship has likely sailed; he had a slight ‘rump mark’ in his drawers following the Bowling Green incident… WSU and specifically coach Marshall came up to his rescue. If I was AD, I’d definitely have him on speed dial. All he does is win.
          He would regenerate the fan base.
          Yeah, he now makes north of $2 million, coaches in a P2 conference, and is currently #4 in NET. We had our chance at him, but Darron effing blew it.
          78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

Pitino. That’d be an amazing hire imo. Jans, Heier, Pitino, I’d be open to any of them. Also personally open to the Assistant Coach from the Raptors that was interested, forgot his name though. Other than that I’d have to trust the AD to find someone good.
            Adrian Griffin, definitely intriguing.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

I'm not sure how I feel about Pitino. I get the intrigue, but I'd prefer someone younger than 70.

The Jans ship has sailed, though if I'm the AD I still make that call just in case.

Heiar is definitely on my watch list.

Adrian Griffin is the one that expressed interest when the job was available. Wichita kid who has a great reputation in the NBA and I think could be a great success if he gets the right people around him. Lots of NBA experience as a player and a coach that could be sold on the recruiting trail.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I'm not sure how I feel about Pitino. I get the intrigue, but I'd prefer someone younger than 70.

The Jans ship has sailed, though if I'm the AD I still make that call just in case.

Adrian Griffin is the one that expressed interest when the job was available. Wichita kid who has a great reputation in the NBA and I think could be a great success if he gets the right people around him. Lots of NBA experience as a player and a coach that could be sold on the recruiting trail.
                Yes to all of this.
                Go Shocks!

Comment

One more to add to the ADDB failure list .. AJ Griffin (Adrian's Son) played for Duke last year .. before being drafted 16 in the draft. Good chance if his Dad gets hired he would have come here which would have been a nice springboard piece for the program.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

One more to add to the ADDB failure list .. AJ Griffin (Adrian's Son) played for Duke last year .. before being drafted 16 in the draft. Good chance if his Dad gets hired he would have come here which would have been a nice springboard piece for the program.
                    Ouch.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• He has had 24 points and 15 points in his last two games for the Atlanta Hawks. Averaging 10 per game so far this season as a rookie.

Comment

• Double ouch.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• One thing I just thought of but hadn't totally considered: there are pieces on the coaching staff that don't fill multiple roles. Tyson Waterman and Butch Pierre are good recruiters, but they are not good tacticians. And Billy Kennedy, unfortunately, is not in a place where he can be a huge contributor, as good of a guy as he seems to be, whereas when we had Steve Forbes, Greg Heiar, and Chris Jans, it was a very different story. All guys who could recruit well, but their game-planning was second-to-none as well. I think Nick Jones adds a lot of value but is low man on the totem pole.

So game-planning is either all falling on IB (which, by the way, this is unlikely, and it didn't totally fall on Marshall...even though he was very involved in it), or it is falling on incapable personnel who IB hired and/or kept on. Either way, the buck stops at him and he is responsible for hiring his assistants. He should either be good enough to game plan himself or have the wherewithal to know that he can't do it on his own.
                          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                            One thing I just thought of but hadn't totally considered: there are pieces on the coaching staff that don't fill multiple roles. Tyson Waterman and Butch Pierre are good recruiters, but they are not good tacticians. And Billy Kennedy, unfortunately, is not in a place where he can be a huge contributor, as good of a guy as he seems to be, whereas when we had Steve Forbes, Greg Heiar, and Chris Jans, it was a very different story. All guys who could recruit well, but their game-planning was second-to-none as well. I think Nick Jones adds a lot of value but is low man on the totem pole.

So game-planning is either all falling on IB (which, by the way, this is unlikely, and it didn't totally fall on Marshall...even though he was very involved in it), or it is falling on incapable personnel who IB hired and/or kept on. Either way, the buck stops at him and he is responsible for hiring his assistants. He should either be good enough to game plan himself or have the wherewithal to know that he can't do it on his own.
                            I've said this same thing at least twice on this board. Pierre did look to be more involved with the game plan at the KSU game than I have noticed anyone else at any other game.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

I've said this same thing at least twice on this board. Pierre did look to be more involved with the game plan at the KSU game than I have noticed anyone else at any other game.
                              Great minds...they do some similar things.
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• I would like to see IB follow the GM method and find proven X’s and O’s coaches at the Juco level. IB found what appears to be a good recruiter in BP, but maybe he was just picking the low hanging fruit? We need a coaches that are 2 of recruiters, developers, and strategicians, and an overlap so all three are covered. It’s not apparent that anyone is more than 1 of these, and I don’t think anyone is strategic.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X