Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: vs. Alcorn State (11/12/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How embarrassing. We can't even beat lowly SWAC teams anymore.
    You can't handle the truth!

Get out of Dodge!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      Positives:
      uh ... we gave up our tix after 20 yrs.....

negatives:
      I paid for an ESPN+ subscription .......
      At least you can watch the FA Cup now ;)
      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

Frankly I'm surprised people couldn't see this train wreck coming. A lot of folks on here are blind when it comes to evaluating talent and coaching.
        Most people on here have called this from year 1. Some have tried to be optimistic and hope they were wrong.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
          Make Kennedy the HC and make all the others JUST recruiters. I said it all last season - IB is in way over his head. What happened to getting the ball down low to KP? Rojas is another Udeze but smaller. Our offense is absolutely horrible, outside shooting is horrible. My starting line up is KP, Abidde, Walton, Perre and Porter. Subs TBD. Coaching staff shouldn't be allowed in game day. I'd rather have Bush as a game ass't to Kennedy. Guys, we have some talent but no one who knows how to use it. We look like a poorly coached MAYB team - worse than Penny.
          I called that same starting lineup after last game but he went back with the same guys

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
            We HAVE GOT TO shake up this rotation. We have several guys playing too many minutes and several guys that should be playing more. This is on IB.
            Agreed but he is doing what he did last year: forgetting about guys on the bench for extended periods.

Comment

• Worst loss in the history of the program.
              But our coach is a nice guy.
              Other than the tickets I've already bought for the K State game, I'm not spending another cent on tickets until Brown is fired.
              Sadly, losses like today's are probably the best thing for the long term trajectory of the program.
              Isaac Brown should be charged with felony theft for stealing 1M per year from WSU.

Comment

• Positives:
                This team can't disappoint me much less than it did today. I hope Kevin Saal is monitoring this situation very closely.

Negatives:
                I'm driving 6+ hours to see this team play Temple in February lmao

Comment

• Watched the first game and wasn’t impressed, didn’t get to watch this one but I did listen to most of it and it and it sounded pretty pathetic. For the life of me I can’t believe a coach would let players keep shooting 3s when they are shooting less than 20% and shooting over 60% from 2. That to me is stupid coaching and undisciplined players. This is going to be a long and embarrassing year. Alcorn State…wow have we really fallen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
                    Watched the first game and wasn’t impressed, didn’t get to watch this one but I did listen to most of it and it and it sounded pretty pathetic. For the life of me I can’t believe a coach would let players keep shooting 3s when they are shooting less than 20% and shooting over 60% from 2. That to me is stupid coaching and undisciplined players. This is going to be a long and embarrassing year. Alcorn State…wow have we really fallen.
                    Relatively speaking - the shot selection wasn’t horrible… everything else was just this side of a pick-up game at Genesis.

shocker madness scared the hell out of me… the exhibition and first game showed “enough” to be hopeful… this made shocker madness look good.

The good news - Kevin has zero loyalty or guilt with hitting the ejection button. Hopefully he is a good salesman and can drum up the support to fix this.

Comment

• At least we have a good bowling team.

Comment

• Originally posted by cjp27 View Post
                        Worst loss in the history of the program.
                        Other than the tickets I've already bought for the K State game, I'm not spending another cent on tickets until Brown is fired.
                        Sadly, losses like today's are probably the best thing for the long term trajectory of the program.
                        Isaac Brown should be charged with felony theft for stealing 1M per year from WSU.
                        Ditto. And I'm not looking forward to the trip to Manhattan. Will be the first game in..... Forever???..... that we've gone to a Shocker game and I give us a zero chance of winning. I will probably give us a 90% chance of be completely humiliated.

Comment

• Originally posted by cjp27 View Post
                          Worst loss in the history of the program.
                          Posted it earlier, will post again for those with comprehension deficiencies...
                          There is a reason guys like Rojas, Ballard Bell, Pierre and others were readily available from other programs - they were not wanted there.
                          If they are a valued part of a program, the program will do whatever necessary to keep them around (Rogers being an exception, but I've already touched on that nugget).
                          These dudes they picked up off the scrap pile were there for a reason.
                          Today's loss vs a lowly SWAC team is presented for your review.

That is all.
                          Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• We are improving. Last year, we lost to North Texas State. This year we lost to Alcorn State.

Comment

• I renewed tickets very late, really regreating that right now. Going to be hard to sit and watch bad bb and be positive. Hoping that we do not wait too long to make changes that are needed. Be it coaching, line up, etc. ADKS is the reason I renewed, liked the hire, now prove me right and get something done. No more $40 top row tickets until we have a winning season. Future tickets will come from discount house.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

Relatively speaking - the shot selection wasn’t horrible… everything else was just this side of a pick-up game at Genesis.

shocker madness scared the hell out of me… the exhibition and first game showed “enough” to be hopeful… this made shocker madness look good.

The good news - Kevin has zero loyalty or guilt with hitting the ejection button. Hopefully he is a good salesman and can drum up the support to fix this.
                                Yea we actually took quite a few good set open 3s... We just bricked them. Alcorn hit quite a few tough guarded one. Bigger problem is that if you aren't hitting 3s... Stop shooting them and go to what is working. We got the ball down low and it worked. Then we stopped doing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X