Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: vs. Alcorn State (11/12/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought Ballard was the one player who had earned more playing time.

Did I make that up?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      I thought Ballard was the one player who had earned more playing time.

Did I make that up?
      Nope .. i'd assume it was a match up deal .. but he seemed to do pretty dang well while he was in. Though Pohto was also doing well today ..

Comment

• No Doc you’re right but Coach forgot he was on the team. I’m wondering how Ballard is feeling about his relative value.

Comment

• IB did rip off his quarter zip pull over…which did nothing to inspire the team.

Comment

• Negatives:

We had droughts of 7 minutes, 4 1/2, 3 1/2 and 3 minutes.

Positives:

I had us for 7 dunks.

Comment

• One last post before retiring and another indication of poor coaching..............only ten assists again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Nope .. i'd assume it was a match up deal .. but he seemed to do pretty dang well while he was in. Though Pohto was also doing well today ..
                We're worried about matchups against Alcorn ****ing State?

I assume that's absolutely NOT the answer.

Comment

We're worried about matchups against Alcorn ****ing State?

I assume that's absolutely NOT the answer.
                  I wasn't the only one to think that...

Comment

• That's way overthinking things. I'm not saying Ballard should have played 20 minutes. The game is far more nuanced than "he's too slow to guard a 6'7" wing".

For crying out loud we could have gone zone for a bit. We could have heated them up with 4 and left Q to roam the paint.

There are a LOT of options we had. And I'm not putting this all on IB. Walton JOGGED back after a turnover...an effort play that would have resulted in him being disemboweled by FHCGM were he still in charge. Guys had bad turnovers. Wrong person running the break, no help with a man coming up from behind.

Not playing a 7 footer because a tiny SWAC team is in your building and you think it's a bad matchup is a terrible decision. Post guys didn't touch the ball nearly often enough.

Comment

That's way overthinking things. I'm not saying Ballard should have played 20 minutes. The game is far more nuanced than "he's too slow to guard a 6'7" wing".

For crying out loud we could have gone zone for a bit. We could have heated them up with 4 and left Q to roam the paint.

There are a LOT of options we had. And I'm not putting this all on IB. Walton JOGGED back after a turnover...an effort play that would have resulted in him being disemboweled by FHCGM were he still in charge. Guys had bad turnovers. Wrong person running the break, no help with a man coming up from behind.

Not playing a 7 footer because a tiny SWAC team is in your building and you think it's a bad matchup is a terrible decision. Post guys didn't touch the ball nearly often enough.
                      I'm just saying why I (and others) think QB didn't get much playing time. I never said I thought it was the right decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        Pierre was on the all freshman team in his conference. They aren’t all scrap pile players.
                        Dan,
                        If Pierre was that important of a piece to of that program, he would still be there. There is a reason he was not and available for WSU to grab.

That is all.
                        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I wasn't the only one to think that...

Lateral movement is an important part of playing defense. This was touched upon in an earlier post.
                          I'm not the only one who noticed.
                          The Alcorn State staff some how also noticed.
                          What were the odds...

That is all.

Comment

• Dominated by a SWAC school at home.

I hope everyone is happy.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              Dominated by a SWAC school at home.

I hope everyone is happy.
                              Its been almost 7 hours since this atrocity happened. And I still can't believe WSU lost to a SWAC team - at home!
                              Plus, WSU paid these dudes a bunch of money to come in and and play sacrificial lamb. The only problem was they did't take the money and then lay down.
                              So much for loading up the non conference schedule with a bunch of cupcakes.

That is all.

Comment

• When a team loses a game like this, I always think of this video ...

Comment

Working...
                                X