Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: vs. Alcorn State (11/12/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better Call Saal…
    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      Taylor Eldridge @tayloreldridge

"Another SWAC team putting a high-major program on upset watch. Alcorn State has banked in 2 straight jump shots and the Shockers airball one at the other end."

(I guess we're high major)
      The hell we are. This staff is D2 at best.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Make Kennedy the HC and make all the others JUST recruiters. I said it all last season - IB is in way over his head. What happened to getting the ball down low to KP? Rojas is another Udeze but smaller. Our offense is absolutely horrible, outside shooting is horrible. My starting line up is KP, Abidde, Walton, Perre and Porter. Subs TBD. Coaching staff shouldn't be allowed in game day. I'd rather have Bush as a game ass't to Kennedy. Guys, we have some talent but no one who knows how to use it. We look like a poorly coached MAYB team - worse than Penny.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

They have better shot selection.
          We would have far less issue with the shot selection if we could hit a 3 pointer, most of them are decent to wide open looks. However, a good 3 point shot for this team means an empty gym at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
            Make Kennedy the HC and make all the others JUST recruiters. I said it all last season - IB is in way over his head. What happened to getting the ball down low to KP? Rojas is another Udeze but smaller. Our offense is absolutely horrible, outside shooting is horrible. My starting line up is KP, Abidde, Walton, Perre and Porter. Subs TBD. Coaching staff shouldn't be allowed in game day. I'd rather have Bush as a game ass't to Kennedy. Guys, we have some talent but no one who knows how to use it. We look like a poorly coached MAYB team - worse than Penny.
            Screw this whole staff. Fire every single one.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• “We got to get better”…

Really?

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                “We got to get better”…

Really?
                At least he is consistent.

Comment

• I knew we should have scheduled Clearwater Jr High.

Comment

• Positives:
                    uh ... the light show?

negatives:
                    Everything else ....

Comment

• games like this can happen with a fresh team but If it cant be corrected immediately than our coaching staff cant be saved

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        I put we lose by six or more on every poll for my own mental health.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• We did get more athletic .. but none of that is translating so far. Walton can get to the rim easily .. but struggles to finish. Pierre and Rojas are black holes it seems like.

Having your shooting guards go 0-6 from 3 and 2 of 9 from the floor (before two gimme layups at the end by Pierre) is killer. Bell isn't a player at this level. Pierre has potential but attitude is going to kill his productivity.

Bad game by Porter with 5 TOs .. but he gets a little slack.

Getting outrebounded? That's definitely coaching and effort because its not the athletic ability that held them back.

Every year, we hear that we got better at shooting .. it never seems to happen. This has to be the worst home loss in a REALLY long time. I don't know when ADKS will be comfortable enough to make a move .. but it's becoming obvious it's going to have to happen. ADDB killed his program when he decided to sit on his ass for a year instead of immediately running a coaching search when there were rumors of solid coaches ready to come here (Matta). Ended up getting WSU backed into a corner due to the COY and AAC Championship where they had no option but to hire HCIB.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

You can see far enough ahead to know that this team would still be ****. That’s good enough for me.
                            Frankly I'm surprised people couldn't see this train wreck coming. A lot of folks on here are blind when it comes to evaluating talent and coaching.

Comment

• Positives:
                              uh ... we gave up our tix after 20 yrs.....

negatives:
                              I paid for an ESPN+ subscription .......

Comment

• We played a little bitty team and we shot threes

Comment

Working...
                                X