2022-23 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    Temple wins on a FT putback with 1 second left.

If we win in Sunday, we get Tulsa round 1. Next would likely be Tulane.
    If we lose and UCF loses…we are the 7th seed?
    If we lose and UCF wins…we are the 8th seed?
    Curious, is this right?

Ah, nm…Eldridge just tweeted the possibilities.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post

If we lose and UCF loses…we are the 7th seed?
      If we lose and UCF wins…we are the 8th seed?
      Curious, is this right?

Ah, nm…Eldridge just tweeted the possibilities.
      Yea, i think that's all right.

All things considered . i think a Tulsa then Tulane path to Saturday is probably best we could hope for. That needs Tulane to beat Temple the last game of the year. If Tulane beats ECU but loses to Temple tie breakers get crazy at that point for the 3 seed.

Comment

• With the MVC tournament underway I took a few minutes just to dig in to some of their rosters.

As is the trend in that league, there are a lot of seniors on the top 5 or so teams, especially Drake. Their best non-senior is the coach's son, a sophomore. So if the coach goes I see them dropping like a rock.

Belmont and Murray St have some decent production returning next year.

UNI, as much as we like to make fun of them, are basically a bunch of freshmen and sophomores. If Austin Phyfe, who must have missed season due to injury, elects to use his Covid year next year, they may be pretty good, relative to the MVC.

Bradley's big guy, junior (according to ESPN) Rienk Mast is a stud. He's currently playing against UNI in the 2nd round and has 14 points just 11 minutes in. I think he might have gone through their Senior day festivities so I wonder if he's not going to use his Covid year.

Illinois St, who finished fourth from the bottom in the standings, has nothing but juniors and seniors. Not much for Redbird fans to latch on to for next year. They are the anti-Panthers.

Outside of that, I don't see anything else of note.

Comment

• Isn't Phyfe about 30 now?
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            With the MVC tournament underway I took a few minutes just to dig in to some of their rosters.

As is the trend in that league, there are a lot of seniors on the top 5 or so teams, especially Drake. Their best non-senior is the coach's son, a sophomore. So if the coach goes I see them dropping like a rock.

Belmont and Murray St have some decent production returning next year.

UNI, as much as we like to make fun of them, are basically a bunch of freshmen and sophomores. If Austin Phyfe, who must have missed season due to injury, elects to use his Covid year next year, they may be pretty good, relative to the MVC.

Bradley's big guy, junior (according to ESPN) Rienk Mast is a stud. He's currently playing against UNI in the 2nd round and has 14 points just 11 minutes in. I think he might have gone through their Senior day festivities so I wonder if he's not going to use his Covid year.

Illinois St, who finished fourth from the bottom in the standings, has nothing but juniors and seniors. Not much for Redbird fans to latch on to for next year. They are the anti-Panthers.

Outside of that, I don't see anything else of note.
            Phyfe is returning next year. He had problems with long term Covid. I talked with a UNI fan at the KC tournament.

Illinois State has a good recruiting class coming in next year. I follow the Valley online. I really enjoyed going to the St Louis tournament. I wish we could schedule some of those teams instead of all the SWAC teams.

Comment

• ISUb/Belmont is awesome.

Comment

• The minutes I've seen of both games have been pretty well played from an offensive standpoint, though I don't think the defense in the ISUb/Belmont game has been strong. ISUb has hit 16 threes, 9 from one player, who has 33. He's the third MVC player today to go for 30+.

Bad block call on Belmont, down 2 with :16 to go. Sure looked like a charge on ISUb.

Comment

• Halftime
                  The Citadel = 10
                  Mercer = 27

Citadel is 2 for 27 (7.7%) in field goal shooting.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                    The minutes I've seen of both games have been pretty well played from an offensive standpoint, though I don't think the defense in the ISUb/Belmont game has been strong. ISUb has hit 16 threes, 9 from one player, who has 33. He's the third MVC player today to go for 30+.

Bad block call on Belmont, down 2 with :16 to go. Sure looked like a charge on ISUb.
                    What a game. Best game I've seen in a while (this season).

Looking forward to Sycamores vs. Braves tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                      ISUb/Belmont is awesome.
                      Didn't see this post.

For sure.

Comment

• At times the defense was only slightly better than an NBA all star game though.

Comment

• indiana state-belmont: best game i've seen in a while.. best this year, for sure. such well coached teams in the mvc, still. reminded me of an acc tournament game from the mid-70's. simply fantastic.

Comment

• So well coached that both those teams have the exact same chances at a NCAA or NIT at large berth as us... Which is zero.

Comment

• Erik Stevenson lives rent free in your heads. Hilarious to watch. Enjoy your CBI bid, LMAO!!

Comment

• Wow, Bradley just squeaks by InSt. That's the type of game that's hard on the ticker.

Comment

Working...
                                X