2022-23 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Just making a statement as to the lack of meaning of the RPI since some village idiot mentioned it. It may have been fine when we had nothing else, but because of the rise of pace-adjusted or per possession metrics, we have much better systems to measure the strength of teams and the strength of their record.

I believe RPI is no longer used by the selection committee due to the NET system (which is another beast and something I’m not wild about). I guess it’s better than the RPI but it’s still a bastardization of what it’s supposed to measure (Is it efficiency? Is it record relative to your schedule?).
    'Atta boy kel. ; D

No, but seriously, who gives a flyin' ****? We're all just happy the Chickens and their insufferable fans got a dose of humble pie at home. You missed my point? Oh, wait...

Comment

• Always a great day when KU loses… an exceptional day when they get evicerated at home

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
        Always a great day when KU loses… an exceptional day when they get evicerated at home
        Yep.

Love to see the Chicken fans' get all self-righteously apoplectic; at their gym, on phognet, or right here on terra firma, where it's a little extra special...
        Last edited by ShockingButTrue; January 21, 2023, 08:35 PM.

Comment

• Tulsa, at home, beats Tulane in OT 81-79.

Comment

• Good look for the kwho coed during a time out with the short T-top that had "I heart Dick" on te front, I'll bet her daddy is proud

Comment

• KU has been due for a bend over. Can’t believe it happened at their ref-protected sanctuary though.

Theyve been skating by with close wins all year. I think there’s a lot of fools gold in that gaudy record. Here’s to continuing the streak.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                KU has been due for a bend over. Can’t believe it happened at their ref-protected sanctuary though.

Theyve been skating by with close wins all year. I think there’s a lot of fools gold in that gaudy record. Here’s to continuing the streak.
                As someone more intelligent than myself (not exactly a high bar) pointed out, Higgy was in charge yesterday up north, so things were well in hand.

Might have even been at the behest of 3G.

Comment

• Temple picks up the win at Houston

Comment

• Really enjoying this season Duke is having.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                      Really enjoying this season Duke is having.
                      Yup. Not a lot of college basketball tonight, but it's always a good college basketball night when both Duke and KWho loses.

Comment

• Law of averages finally catching up to KU. Let’s go for 4!
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• t's always sunny on Shockernet when the Chickens get clobbered!

Can I get a witness?!?

Comment

• As bad as IB is as a head coach, look at Louisville. They went from a National Championship 10 years ago to 2 and 17 so far this year. Losses to schools named Bellarmine? Their head coach is a guy named Kenny Payne. He's worse than IB and that's saying something. They never recovered from firing Pitino. I hope Saal can get it right once he pulls the plug on IB.
                            I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• And for all of everything, Duke ain't the same either. They're not O fer like the 'Ville, but they aren't the Dukies either.

Coaching matters.

Comment

• I've watched a little bit of MVC ball tonight, games at SIU and MSU. The SIU game is well-attended. Besides the student section, MSU's arena is virtually empty versus UIC. HutchCC games have more butts in seats. Dana Ford must not be very popular in Springfield.

As for the level of play. Meh. But SIU has pretty decent defense. I think our current Shocker team would be at least top 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X