No announcement yet.

2022-23 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone want to calculate the percentage of white scholarship players in the SEC?

Has to be single digits.
    Last edited by Kel Varnsen; January 24, 2023, 07:44 PM.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
      Anyone want to calculate the percentage of white scholarship players in the SEC?

Has to be single digits.
      What about the AAC?

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

What about the AAC?
        Similar, likely.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Anyone want to calculate the percentage of white scholarship players in the SEC?

Has to be single digits.
          Nine if you count foreign players.

Comment

• It's getting hard not to support K-State with what Tang is doing.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              It's getting hard not to support K-State with what Tang is doing.
              Pretty impressive......and thank goodness the banty rooster whiner is gone.....

Comment

• It pains me to admit that I’ve watched more KSU games this year than WSU ones.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  It's getting hard not to support K-State with what Tang is doing.
                  Admiration for Tang for sure. Lot's of good KSU people out there......................., and then a few, it's best to keep one's distance from (True of every base). Cheer for them? Against some teams, that's not hard to do. Support K-State? I can't go that far.

Comment

• Didn't watch the OU/TCU game, but the box score had some interesting stats. OU's tandem guards of starters Sherfield and Uzan got embarrassed by TCU's Miles and Baugh, so much so, OU played 2 guards (Cortes and Noland) off the bench just as much. Here's the 3 tandems' lines:

TCU Miles / Baugh: 55 minutes / 10-15 FG / 3-6 3pt / 13-14 FT / 36 points / 5 assists / 3 TO / 4 steals

OU Sherfield / Uzan: 49 minutes / 3-21 FG / 1-11 3pt (1-8 Sherfield) / 0 FT shot / 7 points / 3 assists (all Uzan) / 5 TO / 0 steals

OU Cortes / Noland: 48 minutes / 6-11 FG / 3-4 3pt / 1-2 FT / 16 points / 8 assists / 3 TO / 2 steals

TCU won 79-52.

Comment

• Jamie Dixon can really coach. Unbelievable steal by TCU 7 seasons ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        Jamie Dixon can really coach. Unbelievable steal by TCU 7 seasons ago.
                        And yet 10 years ago, someone de-pants'ed him in the first round of the NCAA Tournament. It was so bad that his point guard cried.
                        78-65

Comment

Legacy hire? AND if not mistaken, his seat HAS been warm at times....
                          See you tonight?

Comment

IIRC, he’s a TCU grad.
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Has to be single digits.
                              A number of reasons for this. Take a look at the baseball, swimming and soccer rosters. Basketball has camps and clubs sponsored in every inner city. If you are talented you will be found. Suburban kids’ parents foot enormous bills to get their kids to the top of the club sports. Most of these kids and their parents never expect to see a nickel of pro money.

If MLS were paying for camps and academies and had NBA style salary structures you would see a lot more black soccer players too.

100 years ago Jews were highly over represented in boxing in the US. After WWII and the GI bill getting your brains bashed in no longer seemed the best way to make a living. Boring yourself to death as an accountant or dentist or tax attorney did. Fast forward to today: how many Chechen fighters have a chemical engineering path open to them?

Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                                It pains me to admit that I’ve watched more KSU games this year than WSU ones.
                                I haven’t yet but I’m going to start, and I’ve even ordered a KState hoodie. Haven’t worn any WSU gear in over a year. I just have no pride in the product Saal is rolling out.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X