Louisville goes down again. All 3 losses by 1 point

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
        And the SWAC is looking for another scalp for the wall:

Halftime
        Prairie View A&M - 41
        Washington State - 27
        And how fitting...

WSU loses to another SWAC member 70 to 59.

Comment

Waiting for the Memphis vs St Louis game to start and see Tristen Newton (transfer from ECU) get a triple double for UConn.
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

This Memphis vs. St. Louis game looks like March basketball. Great crowd and both teams are getting after it.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
              This Memphis vs. St. Louis game looks like March basketball. Great crowd and both teams are getting after it.
              Been a fun game. Down to the wire
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Rough night for the AAC ... 0-3

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                  Rough night for the AAC ... 0-3
                  Temple in particular disappointed. I watched most of that game and their interior D was quite bad. Vanderbilt's bigs were scoring at will. At the other end, Damian Dunn scored 37 points on 17 attempts. I wonder if he'll have NBA interest by the end of the year.

Comment

This is not an excuse for playing like ass…..but Doc and I were discussing last night how many of those who were the machine behind the Summer of Social Justice actually encouraged segregation of black student athletes, which rose the level of talent in HBCU schools, especially the SWAC. Paradoxical reasoning IMHO on their part, and not the way I would go about fighting a battle with colleges and NCAA that they were already winning (which I supported in part), but the anger and divisiveness the machine generated over police behavior carried over to that subject and tied the two issues together. Add that to almost no transfer rules and you have a perfect storm. I need to study the rosters pre 21 and after to see how much the talent levels jumped, but it would be a 100% educated guess.
                    Last edited by shoxlax; November 16, 2022, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

So, in theory, the mids should also have chemistry problems because they are also brining in a bunch of new guys.
                      Here is my thoughts and I agree with Rothstein.

I took a look this evening at the transfers from the Power 7 (AAC, ACC, Big10, Big 12, Big East, PAC12, SEC) conferences.

In total, they had about 341 transfers. Of those, only about 120 transferred to another Power 7 member, or 35%. So almost 65% (222 student-athletes) went to mid-majors or other lower-tiered conferences.

For example, Alcorn State lost 3 players to non D1 schools, but they picked up three players from other D1 schools (none were Power 7 members). This should be considered an upgrade.

Wichita State lost 9 players. Two went to other Power 7 schools, six went to other D1 schools, one went to Junior College. The six Players coming in where: two came from Power 7 and four came from other D1 schools' non-power 7. We filled the remaining with non-scholarship and walk-ons. This would be considered a downgrade. Overlay coaching challenges with the Shockers and that would spell D.I.S.A.S.T.E.R.

Comment

Gonna be a rough year for the AAC

Comment

I believe these were all Buy Games.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

I believe these were all Buy Games.
                            UMKC has buy games?

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post

UMKC has buy games?
                              Lincoln. D2 school. It appears they play in the MIAA with Washburn, Emporia, Hays, Newman, etc.
                              78-65

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                                This is really funny to watch if you mute the sound and play the theme from Benny Hill in the a second window.

Comment

Working...
                                X