No announcement yet.

2022-23 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody catch the Cincy Tulane game last night?

Wes Miller nearly went Canadian 3G on the officials.

Neither club put their best foot forward, to say the least.

I'm not the fan of Coach Hunter that others here are.....Can't quite put my finger on it. The guy does find a win though, and as to that there is little argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Anybody catch the Cincy Tulane game last night?

I'm not the fan of Coach Hunter that others here are.....Can't quite put my finger on it. The guy does find a win though, and as to that there is little argument.
      He's a little hard to grasp, BUT:
      -as was mentioned NOT BY ME, but I agreed with, in the Tulane thread.....he constantly coached his kids...not micromanaged , but active
      -I have not seen a team yet AT ANY LEVEL that moved the ball like they did....I was in love
      -he obviously knew WHEN to work the refs, because they got EVERY call/noncall at the end....I'd take him

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Anybody catch the Cincy Tulane game last night?

I am not a big Hunter fan personally. He just seems to think he is better/cooler/funnier than he really is. Seems to have some arrogance (yes, I know that is a common trait among coaches) about him that kind of puts me off. For me, his schtick would get old.

BUT the kids seem to buy in and he does find a way to improve and win games. He is very active with his players and officials during the games. Constantly coaching his butt off. Which is what he is paid to do. So hard not to want that outcome as a fan right now.
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• To paraphrase Forrest Gump: Stevenson is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get.

Texas whooped on WV 94-60. TP was 1-7 for 3 points along with 3 TOs, 4 fouls, 0 assists, and 0 steals. He did have 6 rebounds.

Pitt won at Florida St 83-75. Jamarius Burton missed his first 4 shots, but ended up: 19 points, 7-15 FG, 5 rebounds and 6 assists with only 1 TO.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
            To paraphrase Forrest Gump: Stevenson is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get.

Texas whooped on WV 94-60. TP was 1-7 for 3 points along with 3 TOs, 4 fouls, 0 assists, and 0 steals. He did have 6 rebounds.

Pitt won at Florida St 83-75. Jamarius Burton missed his first 4 shots, but ended up: 19 points, 7-15 FG, 5 rebounds and 6 assists with only 1 TO.
            They must have denied TP on the perimeter. Had to be record low 1 - 3 point attempt for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

They must have denied TP on the perimeter. Had to be record low 1 - 3 point attempt for him.
              Being denied on the perimeter never slowed him down one bit when he was here. He could always get a twisting, step back falling down shot off. Wasn't always pretty but every once in a while one of those would hit the rim and give the Shox a fresh shot clock if they could get the rebound.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Being denied on the perimeter never slowed him down one bit when he was here. He could always get a twisting, step back falling down shot off. Wasn't always pretty but every once in a while one of those would hit the rim and give the Shox a fresh shot clock if they could get the rebound.
                Maybe WVU denied him.

Comment

He was 1 of 7 from 3pt land.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Burton was directing traffic all day. Really surprising that he's a 92% free throw shooter, which he did showcase late.

Hamilton's seat is probably nuclear right now. Pheeww...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Burton was directing traffic all day. Really surprising that he's a 92% free throw shooter, which he did showcase late.

Hamilton's seat is probably nuclear right now. Pheeww...
                      For a second I thought Hamilton might be a good hire if he got fired from FSU. The I looked up and saw he’s 75 years old. Had no idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

He was 1 of 7 from 3pt land.
                        ESPN shows 1-1 from 3 and 1-7 fg overall.
                        sounds weird but that's what it shows.

Comment

• Chris Jans' Miss. St took down RCIV and the Razorbacks 70-64 at Arkansas. After losing the first 7 conference games, MSU has now won 5 straight.

RCIV did not have that good of night. 13 points (11 from the line) going 1-6 FG, but did have 6 rebounds, 3 assists, with only 1 TO.

Comment

ESPN shows 1-1 from 3 and 1-7 fg overall.
                            sounds weird but that's what it shows.
                            Gotcha. I misread what ShockTalk posted.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Gotcha. I misread what ShockTalk posted.
                              That's OK. I usually misread what I type.

Comment

That's OK. I usually misread what I type.
                                ESPN probably got it wrong. I can't even imagine TP making a 3 and not shooting another for the rest of the game. It will definitely go down in history if ESPN is correct.

Comment

Working...
                                X