Game Day Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

One in the cooter and two in the tooter…
    don’t limit yourself.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

One in the cooter and two in the tooter…
      You are a true shocker for sure!

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
        Screaming Idiots was a derogatory remark originally. Adams was just doing a CYA after he made that blunder.
        That guy drives me nuts.
        And you can tell by looking at them, they really are idiots. Probably auditing a class to keep the student ID.

Comment

• I had suggested to have some kind of program available rn addition to the on line you can get on your phone. They actually printed a Shocker Facts bound edition that has 198 pages of information about the current players and staff and support staff. Also every statistic or record from players to coach's. Can order it online or pick up a copy at the ticket office for 20 bucks. Got mine today and am a happy camper. Go Shocks

Comment

• It's nice to actually have a person sing the anthem... Girl was probably 10 but she nailed it

Comment

• Eagle - AD engaging new fans after lowest attendance for Shocker basketball opener in 26 years

“We’ve done three or four listening sessions with our season ticket-holders and we’ve received 150 unique pieces of feedback that we’ve tried to implement in some form or fashion,” Saal said. “It’s been a challenge for us coming in July and trying to make significant changes and improvements in a short amount of time before the basketball season started because it does take time to build into things. But I’m confident our fans will continue to see improvements throughout the season.”

Saal also arranged a special event before Monday night’s game at the NetApp building on campus to provide free food and beverages to 150 fans who aren’t currently season ticket-holders.

WSU is still doing better than most programs to have as many fans as it did on Monday. But there has also been a high standard set for basketball crowds at Koch Arena over the last two decades and Saal is eager to fill the Roundhouse with 10,000-plus sooner rather than later.

“We’re just talking to people about our mission, our vision and our values for athletics and what we’re trying to accomplish,” Saal said. “We know how important what happens in Koch Arena is to all of that. This was a great first night.”
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• All of the game-day experience stuff is great but the numbers will continue to be low until the product on the court improves. Hopefully soon

Comment

• Originally posted by SkoShox View Post
                  All of the game-day experience stuff is great but the numbers will continue to be low until the product on the court improves. Hopefully soon
                  I mean .. last night wasn't bad at all on the court.

Comment

• True, but last night was also against one of the worst teams in D1. I doubt beating up on some cupcakes is going to sway a lot of people.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                      True, but last night was also against one of the worst teams in D1. I doubt beating up on some cupcakes is going to sway a lot of people.
                      We've struggled with cupcakes the last couple years .. just saying its going the right direction at least in a very small sample size

Hopefully though, our bandwagon is smaller than it seems and people will come back without needing a final four to prove it.

Comment

• It's pretty simple, win and people will show up. 8-2 or 9-1 in the non-conference and the place will be packed again. Another year of sub-par basketball and 6,000 will be the norm.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                          True, but last night was also against one of the worst teams in D1. I doubt beating up on some cupcakes is going to sway a lot of people.
                          C. Arkansas had to be better than Newman. KU had some problems with Div. 2 Pittsburg State, down by 14 points, early. These games are difficult to evaluate.

Comment

• The game production was the best it has been in many years.

Comment

• He's made a pretty big effort to get the greek system involved too. You can tell its making a difference. In past years the main crowd was the loud part and the student section was boring and quiet. Last night the student section was full and loud. Lots of fun chants towards the opposing players too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                                He's made a pretty big effort to get the greek system involved too. You can tell its making a difference. In past years the main crowd was the loud part and the student section was boring and quiet. Last night the student section was full and loud. Lots of fun chants towards the opposing players too.
                                Props to Scheels for the sponsorship of the big tarps the students were holding. They aren't even open yet. Where's the Top Golf promotions???

Comment

Working...
                                X