Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realignment Carousel Spins Up again (USC and UCLA to Big 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

I do love Colorado Springs
    Have fallen in love with it. It's roughly the same size as Wichita albeit growing much faster. I wake up every morning with a direct view of Pikes Peak. Only 45-60 minute drive to Denver if I want big city stuff. Easy 7 hour drive back home. Plus I get my cfb fix with AF who I have adopted as my team. And the political culture fits me like a glove. One downside is the housing market is expensive and only going up. That goes for the entire front range. As my friend told me, "them mountains ain't free."

Comment

• By the way, U of Wyoming is located in Laramie, which is in the southeast corner of the state, very close to the Colorado boarder.

Comment

• First conference to 20 wins!

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

One downside is the housing market is expensive and only going up. That goes for the entire front range. As my friend told me, "them mountains ain't free."
          That’s no joke. 4 walls and a roof on 1 acre here is an automatic $150,000.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
          Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

That’s no joke. 4 walls and a roof on 1 acre here is an automatic $150,000.
            Is that not everywhere these days? That would probably be $300,000+ around DFW lmao.
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Is that not everywhere these days? That would probably be $300,000+ around DFW lmao.
              Use this cost of living calculator to compare the cost of living between U.S. cities and determine if you will be able to maintain your current standard of living in another city.

​​​​​​​
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• IMG_1016.jpgThat’s a fun tool. IMG_1014.jpg
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

No, I literally meant any 1 acre with 5 pieces of plywood and 8 2x4s.

ok. Maybe not that bad but haul your own water, no electricity, no bathrooms. And they get bought sight unseen by some Californian or Texan.

Comment

• That's fun. I guess I shouldnt have listed the whole metroplex. Cause you cant get a very accurate average across a meteoplex this big. I live in Plano. No way I would actually live in the city of Dallas, unless it is Northern Dallas (which homes cost much more than Southern).

Homes in Plano, TX = 665,266

Plus, all these calculations are an average. Perhaps there are a wider range of income areas in the city of Dallas then there are in some of the other cities. Cause just cause I "could" buy a house for 250,000 in Dallas doesn't mean it would be in a very safe area worth living in. LMAO
                    Last edited by shockerfan; 1 day ago.
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Don't lump us with the commies from Cali. Lmao

And I have friends in Alaska. I am well aware of how expensive it is to live in the middle of nowhere lol.

I was just pointing out the housing market just plain sucks these days not really trying to do a 100% direct comparison with Alaska. ;)
                      Last edited by shockerfan; 1 day ago.

Comment

• I'm officially worried about the Shocks getting left behind

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                          I'm officially worried about the Shocks getting left behind

Without an Eastern wing .. that is going to be absolutely brutal for Memphis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Let them go under perform in the PAC while spending much more money to travel.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

It's weird because the rumors bouncing around suggest the PAC wants to add Memphis, Tulane, a Texas school (probably UTSA), and likely UNLV to get to 10 members. Perhaps they want to add in tranches, but I haven't seen anything credible about them going much bigger than that, which would leave Memphis and Tulane with a lot of travel.

I guess if they can get $15m a year in media revenue then it doesn't really matter. I feel like a lot of the enthusiasm for this conference is associated with the PAC brand.

Comment

• nm

Comment

Working...
                                X