Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realignment Carousel Spins Up again (USC and UCLA to Big 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
    Memphis would absolutely be a hard "no" to do that. St Louis maybe??

If Temple thinks so highly of their football that they wouldn't go to the Big East, the Big East could easily grab the next best A-10.

Comment

• Memphis wouldn’t go for it? Try the Big Priest not going for it. Those guys would laugh at Memphis academic standards.
      78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

If Temple thinks so highly of their football that they wouldn't go to the Big East, the Big East could easily grab the next best A-10.
        Independent football isn't an easy place to be. Even Notre Dame has practically given that up with their ACC deal. Technically still independent but something like half of their games have to be against the ACC. There's a reason there are so few independent schools now. I think only Notre Dame, UMass, and UCon are out there. And I thought UMass was joining the MAC next year because of that. UCon is desperately trying to get into the XII or ACC so their football can have a home.

I've said before that if we brought back football we could eventually move up to FBS as an Indy if the AAC would at least work with us in scheduling and then allowing us to transition into the conference for football once we have things established.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Independent football isn't an easy place to be. Even Notre Dame has practically given that up with their ACC deal. Technically still independent but something like half of their games have to be against the ACC. There's a reason there are so few independent schools now. I think only Notre Dame, UMass, and UCon are out there. And I thought UMass was joining the MAC next year because of that. UCon is desperately trying to get into the XII or ACC so their football can have a home.

I've said before that if we brought back football we could eventually move up to FBS as an Indy if the AAC would at least work with us in scheduling and then allowing us to transition into the conference for football once we have things established.
          One thought for WSU: Brigham Young's soccer team plays in the UPSL which is part of the US soccer pyramid, instead of playing in the NCAA. So they have a full on semi-pro soccer team without any of the NCAA restrictions. That might be where WSU should head for men's soccer, while keeping women's soccer in the NCAA for Title IX purposes.

As a UPSL team they could qualify for the US Open cup where they could play against MLS teams. As an example, BYU qualified for the Open Cup and played the Seattle Sounders in 2007 (USL first division right below MLS on the pyramid). That'd be freaking crazy watching WSU take on Sporting KC in the future. LOL
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

One thought for WSU: Brigham Young's soccer team plays in the UPSL which is part of the US soccer pyramid, instead of playing in the NCAA. So they have a full on semi-pro soccer team without any of the NCAA restrictions. That might be where WSU should head for men's soccer, while keeping women's soccer in the NCAA for Title IX purposes.

As a UPSL team they could qualify for the US Open cup where they could play against MLS teams. As an example, BYU qualified for the Open Cup and played the Seattle Sounders in 2007 (USL first division right below MLS on the pyramid). That'd be freaking crazy watching WSU take on Sporting KC in the future. LOL
            I didn't know that was a thing/option. It would be a good way to add men's soccer and try to grow that even outside of the NCAA.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

The football ship has sailed, and this is where we should be.

Comment

• ​​​​​​​
                Attached Files

Comment

• Anyone know what are estimated total "Exit Fees" would be for leaving the AAC?

Comment

Anyone know what are estimated total "Exit Fees" would be for leaving the AAC?
                    About half of what it would cost anyone else to leave.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Anyone know what are estimated total "Exit Fees" would be for leaving the AAC?
                      I believe it's $10m with 27 months notice and usually around $15-20m for anything less than that. As SubGod said, probably 50% of that would be what is expected of WSU.

Comment

• I thought I remembered that the football/basketball split in the American was 70/30 (maybe even a little more like 68 or 67/32 or 33.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                          I thought I remembered that the football/basketball split in the American was 70/30 (maybe even a little more like 68 or 67/32 or 33.
                          I think they closer to 60/40
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                            I thought I remembered that the football/basketball split in the American was 70/30 (maybe even a little more like 68 or 67/32 or 33.
                            Something close to that. If this new conference is interested in WSU and is willing to build an eastern wing it would probably make more sense than remaining in a gutted AAC.

Comment

• Spend 1/3 of the football start up funds and try to buy our way into the BE. Better fit for WSU than trying to field a football team.

Comment

• Makes sense with football and the other two academies being in there... But hurts basketball again

Comment

Working...
                                X