Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realignment Carousel Spins Up again (USC and UCLA to Big 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

I guess it's possible we are a main focus to match up with Hawaii which is football only.
    This guy said Gonzaga is already expected to join the MWC. If there is any truth to these rumors, they seem suspect, why would they not match up Gonzaga with Hawaii?

Comment

• Comment

• I like this direction bigly.

"American" conference was made for this.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          I like this direction bigly.

"American" conference was made for this.
          Wonder if it's enough to get Air Force and CSU to hop too.

Comment

• I like it for one reason. Possibility of adding another non football team. Otherwise I’m indifferent to Army as it’s a football only add.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxing Me Softly View Post
                I like it for one reason. Possibility of adding another non football team. Otherwise I’m indifferent to Army as it’s a football only add.
                Maybe a VCU or Dayton?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Maybe a VCU or Dayton?
                  We will add 10 SWAC schools to make up for it.
                  yay We’re back to MVC days.

if Marshall was still here, he would be trying everything to get us out of the AAC

Comment

• I’m not sure any of the A-10 schools would leave to be hoops only here.

I’d like to see Boston U added. Huge enrollment, great academic and research school, and a lot like Rice where if we can get the alumni engaged and then commit to sports they could be very solid.
                    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• I wouldn’t mind the MWC IF Gonzaga is our non-football counterpart.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                        I wouldn’t mind the MWC IF Gonzaga is our non-football counterpart.
                        There is only room for one (Hawaii’s other half)

Comment

• No full shares for UNT/UTSA from AAC for awhile. So new PAC/MWC merger could actually entice them. Might be some truth to the clown tweet and UNT/UTSA and Wichita. Would be 16 teams with Wichita offsetting Hawaii and giving close team to the Texas teams.

still that tweet seemed way out of left field

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                            I’m not sure any of the A-10 schools would leave to be hoops only here.

I’d like to see Boston U added. Huge enrollment, great academic and research school, and a lot like Rice where if we can get the alumni engaged and then commit to sports they could be very solid.
                            IF we can get the AAC target of Army for football, why Boston U for basketball when Army is already in that same conference. Basketball wise, I don't think either Boston U or Army's basketball moves the needle. VCU or Dayton does move the basketball needle. As a conference, the A-10 seems to have lost a lot of their basketball status of late.

Comment

• How will they work out the Army/Navy game, with them in the same conference?

That can’t be messed with.
                              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

IF we can get the AAC target of Army for football, why Boston U for basketball when Army is already in that same conference. Basketball wise, I don't think either Boston U or Army's basketball moves the needle. VCU or Dayton does move the basketball needle. As a conference, the A-10 seems to have lost a lot of their basketball status of late.
                                A10 and VCU/Dayton fans I've talked to seem to think they wouldn't leave for pretty much anything and that the programs value their geographic rivalries. Who knows how much truth there is to that.
                                Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Working...
                                X