Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Veritas View Post

Ron didn’t see it either, correct?
    https://fb.watch/dH9bNXL3Fn/. Ron says he didn't see the "hit/slap", but others did. And he says that some of the other allegations DID happen.

Comment

Ron didn’t see it either, correct?
      Ron never said it didn't happen

Comment

Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

https://fb.watch/dH9bNXL3Fn/. Ron says he didn't see the "hit/slap", but others did. And he says that some of the other allegations DID happen.
        It's clear to me that WSU did not lose the best coach in its history because of 1 incident. SIGH!!!!

Comment

Oh $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$haq.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

NM
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

if Shaq shows up with fHCGM I’ll enthusiastically provide a heartfelt welcome and leave it up to interpretation for whom I welcome back.
              Yes and the two of them will hug at center court showing the world that all has been forgiving and was all just a big misunderstanding. Sports Illistrated and ESPN will do a big story about the reunion which exposes that Shaq just wanted to get paid while at Wichita St. but Coach Marshall did not want to play in that "slop" at the time.

Shaq continued to bring it up at practices every day and Gregg had enough of it which led to the famous "slap to the back of the head" heard around the world.

From all the feel-good positive news stories about a mean coach having been rehabilitated the last two years from intense counseling...Wichita St. will then hire back Gregg Marshall following the disappointing 2022-23 season in which Coach Gregg Marshall promptly hires Shaq Morris as his big man coach. Together with assistants Tyson Waterman and Butch Pierre Wichita St. recruits the nation's 11th best recruiting class leading the Shockers to their 3rd Final Four appearance allowing them to win the 2024 National Championship defeating the University of Larry.

FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I don't know what went on with getting Shaq on the team, but it seems someone would have had to run that past the other Shocker alums and make sure Shaq wouldn't be locker room poison. It seems like the other Shocker alums don't have a problem with Shaq on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  Lutz sez if you do not welcome Shaq back enthusiastically, you are not a Shocker fan.
                  Ah yes, Lootz. The arbiter of fandomship. He's a chicken fan through and through. He bristles when you suggest he doesn't like the Shockers but he actively says things that are against the best interests of WSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                    NM
                    More valuable than anything the Lutz’s have to say, TBF.
                    The Assman

Comment

Speaking of reunions, it'll be interesting to see if there's a ten-year anniversary reunion of the 2013 Final Four team planned for one of the games in the future. May have to do it at Intrust in case Marshall isn't allowed anywhere on campus.
                      Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                        Speaking of reunions, it'll be interesting to see if there's a ten-year anniversary reunion of the 2013 Final Four team planned for one of the games in the future. May have to do it at Intrust in case Marshall isn't allowed anywhere on campus.
                        I don’t think GM is forbidden to be on campus. He was invited to join Campus locker room pregame at 2021 state basketball.
                        78-65

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                          It will be interesting to see how new ADKS deals with the Marshall situation. Will he reach out to Gregg and try to at least partially heal that relationship, although not sure that's possible. Frankly, I am surprised that Gregg is still in Wichita. Thought he might head back to the South Carolina area at some point (which may yet happen).

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

I don’t think GM is forbidden to be on campus. He was invited to join Campus locker room pregame at 2021 state basketball.
                            According to Taylor Eldridge, that talk happened at Campus and not at WSU - https://twitter.com/tayloreldridge/s...58498735443968

But I was thinking I read somewhere one time he wasn't allowed on campus, but it may have been more along the lines he couldn't be employed again at WSU.
                            Last edited by Ted Lasso's Neighbor; June 17, 2022, 03:05 PM.
                            Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

It was 20 years before Bobby Knight came back to the IU Campus. I expect 3G will take the same.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                                Even before that, he was arguably the most frustrating Shocker over the last 20 years. His motivation was lacking a lot of the time, which is why he was left off of a road trip and even mentioned by a couple of his teammates. I'm pretty sure it was also discussed online by many fans as there were times you could absolutely see it.

I'm not saying his time here was all bad by any means, but he had a number of issues.

I'm also not sure I'd go as far as say his truth has been corroborated. Most comments that have been made public have basically been that they believe him, but didn't actually see a punch. Though even his story changed from time to time as to when/where the alleged punch took place. That has raised at least some doubt amongst many. I don't think anyone doubts that there was verbal abuse, which on some level I'm sure he deserved, and some physicality. How much physicality will always be the question that not everyone will agree on.

He could have been punched. He could have just been smacked upside the head. He may have been pushed. I've seen nobody come out and say they physically witnessed the alleged incident with their own two eyes. Seems like the only ones who do know for certain are Shaq and 3G and they obviously don't agree on what it was.

All of that is why he's such a divisive add and controversial person. If there were hard proof and a team of witnesses, it wouldn't be what it is today. 3G also wouldn't have received his buyout. But because of how things played out, it's pretty much always going to be this way, right or wrong.
                                True

Comment

Working...
                                X