Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    Four months? Try four days.

What I remember hearing was that Wookie wanted to bring Chris to sCUm as an assistant. 3G was like “Oh hell no,” and elevated Chris to one of the assistants (specifically AHC), who made Heiar have to look elsewhere.

Then within a day or two, Chris went to Gregg and said it was horrible timing but that NMSU contacted him about head job. Chris said that he’d turn it down if Gregg asked him to. Gregg acknowledged that there are only 350ish of these jobs and gave his blessing to pursue it.

Knowing how it played out, I wished we would have kept Heiar because he was far better than what Donnie Jones ended up being. However, at the time, you would take CJ over GH eleven times out of ten…and that comes from someone who loves GH.

EDIT: Not sure if picture shows it, but GoShockers news archive shows Chris being promoted to AHC on April 13, 2017 but then leaving to take NMSU job on April 17.
    CJ probably accepted the AHC job at LSU late on April 11 as the article came out at 8:41AM on the 12th.

Greg Heiar Joins Will Wade’s LSU Basketball Staff – LSU (lsusports.net)

It would appear that GH took the AHC job at LSU before fHCGM promoted CJ to AHC on the 13th.

Nevertheless, at a minimum, CJ was probably going to become an assistant, so there would have been some sort of "push come to shove" situation and I doubt that GH would have ever been promoted to AHC with CJ on the staff.

It was all unfortunate for WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
      Four months? Try four days.

What I remember hearing was that Wookie wanted to bring Chris to sCUm as an assistant. 3G was like “Oh hell no,” and elevated Chris to one of the assistants (specifically AHC), which made Heiar have to look elsewhere.

Then within a day or two, Chris went to Gregg and said it was horrible timing but that NMSU contacted him about head job. Chris said that he’d turn it down if Gregg asked him to. Gregg acknowledged that there are only 350ish of these jobs and gave his blessing to pursue it.
      Not that you need any further validation, but this story is 100% true. Specifically the Creighton part.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
      X