Clear All

• As to the announcement of Shaq Morris playing for the After Shocks

Didn’t matter, wasn’t going to attend anyway
    43.48%
    Was on the fence about going but now probably not
    28.99%
    Doesn’t matter, I am there
    27.54%

I'm not 100% sure where I stand in regards to the TBT, but this should be an interesting poll.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

other than shaq foul a teammate hard, what has he done in this whole thing but to tell his truth.. which seems to have been corroborated by teammates/

Comment

Even before that, he was arguably the most frustrating Shocker over the last 20 years. His motivation was lacking a lot of the time, which is why he was left off of a road trip and even mentioned by a couple of his teammates. I'm pretty sure it was also discussed online by many fans as there were times you could absolutely see it.

I'm not saying his time here was all bad by any means, but he had a number of issues.

I'm also not sure I'd go as far as say his truth has been corroborated. Most comments that have been made public have basically been that they believe him, but didn't actually see a punch. Though even his story changed from time to time as to when/where the alleged punch took place. That has raised at least some doubt amongst many. I don't think anyone doubts that there was verbal abuse, which on some level I'm sure he deserved, and some physicality. How much physicality will always be the question that not everyone will agree on.

He could have been punched. He could have just been smacked upside the head. He may have been pushed. I've seen nobody come out and say they physically witnessed the alleged incident with their own two eyes. Seems like the only ones who do know for certain are Shaq and 3G and they obviously don't agree on what it was.

All of that is why he's such a divisive add and controversial person. If there were hard proof and a team of witnesses, it wouldn't be what it is today. 3G also wouldn't have received his buyout. But because of how things played out, it's pretty much always going to be this way, right or wrong.
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          Even before that, he was arguably the most frustrating Shocker over the last 20 years. His motivation was lacking a lot of the time, which is why he was left off of a road trip and even mentioned by a couple of his teammates. I'm pretty sure it was also discussed online by many fans as there were times you could absolutely see it.

I'm not saying his time here was all bad by any means, but he had a number of issues.

I'm also not sure I'd go as far as say his truth has been corroborated. Most comments that have been made public have basically been that they believe him, but didn't actually see a punch. Though even his story changed from time to time as to when/where the alleged punch took place. That has raised at least some doubt amongst many. I don't think anyone doubts that there was verbal abuse, which on some level I'm sure he deserved, and some physicality. How much physicality will always be the question that not everyone will agree on.

He could have been punched. He could have just been smacked upside the head. He may have been pushed. I've seen nobody come out and say they physically witnessed the alleged incident with their own two eyes. Seems like the only ones who do know for certain are Shaq and 3G and they obviously don't agree on what it was.

All of that is why he's such a divisive add and controversial person. If there were hard proof and a team of witnesses, it wouldn't be what it is today. 3G also wouldn't have received his buyout. But because of how things played out, it's pretty much always going to be this way, right or wrong.
          True.
          Last edited by TheShocktocles; June 18, 2022, 08:20 AM. Reason: When I said True, I should have clarified that it is true some people believe that the incident did not happen. But I am not one of those. You dont resign if you didnt do something wrong. Go Shocks.

Comment

All Amber Hurd did was tell the truth too, am I right?!?!
            The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
              other than shaq foul a teammate hard, what has he done in this whole thing but to tell his truth.. which seems to have been corroborated by teammates/
              What you don't know, apparently.

Comment

The “Shaq receiving a payout rumor” for his story has been outright denied but there’s been enough smoke that it’s pretty obvious that there was “something” with ******* and Shaq beyond just writing a story.

I’ll be there anyways. These days I prefer AfterShocks games over the real thing.

Comment

Lutz sez if you do not welcome Shaq back enthusiastically, you are not a Shocker fan.

Comment

I thought Shaq said 3G ruined his desire to play basketball. It will be interesting to see what kind of shape he's in these days. He was a great player his senior year but I doubt he can still play at that level. I have no judgement on the 3G controversy. The only people that really know are the people that were there. I lean toward believing Ron Baker though.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      Lutz sez if you do not welcome Shaq back enthusiastically, you are not a Shocker fan.
                      What would he know about being a Shocker fan?
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I enjoyed watching Shaq play. He was talented and one of the best bigs we have had. I'll always remember his block against that smug ahole from Illinois state in the roundhouse.

That said, he burnt bridges. I don't hate the kid but understand why this is a bad idea to come back. I'll still be there to support the rest and because frankly, these games are fun during a time of year without much sports to compete with.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          if Shaq shows up with fHCGM I’ll enthusiastically provide a heartfelt welcome and leave it up to interpretation for whom I welcome back.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            I thought Shaq said 3G ruined his desire to play basketball. It will be interesting to see what kind of shape he's in these days. He was a great player his senior year but I doubt he can still play at that level. I have no judgement on the 3G controversy. The only people that really know are the people that were there. I lean toward believing Ron Baker though.
                            Ron didn’t see it either, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post

Ron didn’t see it either, correct?
                              I kinda think the firing was about more than just the one alleged punch, which is what I am referring to about Ron's statement.

Comment

Working...
                              X