Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Great answer 72’
    Are there really any good barometers that we can trust? Everyone has their own reasons for talking or not talking, and some may even have an agenda. Because of the length of time between allegations, and other statements, I'm not sure I trust any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Are there really any good barometers that we can trust? Everyone has their own reasons for talking or not talking, and some may even have an agenda. Because of the length of time between allegations, and other statements, I'm not sure I trust any of them.
      I trust Ron more than anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

I trust Ron more than anyone.
        That says a lot about who you trust, because he’s not talking, or doesn’t know.

Comment

He's spoken and that was a general statement that when Ron speaks my ears to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
            All Amber Hurd did was tell the truth too, am I right?!?!

I think the Johnny Depp - Amber Heard trial provides a great window into what really happened between Marshall and Shaq behind closed doors.

Was there contact? Undoubtedly.

Was it a punch? I highly doubt it.

I think one party (whether is was Marshall or Heard in this scenario) was trying to get the other to stop and listen. They were probably in pursuit and Shaq/Depp was not wanting to hear what they had to say. So, in frustration they reacted by hitting, nudging, grabbing or pushing. It was their way of saying "See Me. This isn't ok."

There's a lot of ego involved.

I wish it didn't happen but I don't believe Marshall was consciously hitting players to intimidate or emasculate them. It was a reaction to an emotional situation.

Was it wrong? Yes. However, I think Marshall honestly feels he didn't "hit" Shaq the way its portrayed. I think a lot gets lost in translation in emotional situations.
            Last edited by StunningSteve; June 23, 2022, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

He's spoken and that was a general statement that when Ron speaks my ears to the ground.
              While I respect Ron, and believe in him, he didn't speak with the clarity that all would acknowledge. On top of that, his father was still backing the coach that some (maybe you or not you) say was the problem, with recruits up until the very end. As i said, "Not Clear".

That was the problem with our past AD. We don't know what was in his report, thus, we didn't trust him. Again, a lack of clarity.

Comment

What does Ron say?
                Not sure what Ron says, but EF Hutton says.....

This conversation is getting a bit like the Jan 6th trial..who cares at this point. Life goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

This conversation is getting a bit like the Jan 6th trial..who cares at this point. Life goes on.
                  THANK YOU.

Its like Break Stuff on repeat.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

You misquoted me. I didn’t ask or State, “What does Ron say?”, so what’s your point?

Comment

You misquoted me. I didn’t ask or State, “What does Ron say?”, so what’s your point?
                      It was the last sentence of your post. Point- it reminded me of the old commercial and second point- nobody cares what others views of the famous shaq Marshall event. We all have our opinion and it's a waste of time and effort to argue either side of the event. (Much like Jan 6th)
                      Last edited by Atxshoxfan; June 23, 2022, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Nm

Comment

Ron talked more than just about anyone. It was a bit murky, but it wasn’t as murky as some on here are implying.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Ron talked more than just about anyone. It was a bit murky.
                            I stated that Ron and his father’s thoughts (who was quoted by a recruits father as being complimentary of GM) weren’t clear regarding GM. You say it was a bit murky. Research the definition of Murky. “A bit murky” means they weren’t clear. Maybe they want it that way, but the facts stay the same.

By saying this, doesn’t say I’m supportive or not supportive of GM.

Comment

I stated that Ron and his father’s thoughts (who was quoted by a recruits father as being complimentary of GM) weren’t clear regarding GM. You say it was a bit murky. Research the definition of Murky. “A bit murky” means they weren’t clear. Maybe they want it that way, but the facts stay the same.

By saying this, doesn’t say I’m supportive or not supportive of GM.
                              Point I was trying to make is - Despite what his dad may have said, Ron made it pretty clear he did not think GM represented himself well once the accusations came to light, and that is why he didn't make any statements of support. I think it was clear what he was saying, and anyone who thinks this whole thing was fabricated is doing a lot of holding their hands on their ears.

I love Gregg Marshall, but facts are facts.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                                facts are facts.
                                That's kind of the point. The fact is, nobody outside of Shaq and Marshall know what really happened. Ron has stated that he didn't see what Shaq stated happened. He may believe him, but he didn't see it. Nobody did, or if they did, they've never said so. Ron may not have agreed with how Marshall handled it, but that still leaves a lot of gray area as to what and why. And if Ron's dad remained a big supporter of Marshall, I think that says a lot too. Had Ron told dad that he saw Marshall punch a player in the head, I don't think Mr. Baker would still be so supportive.

Facts are facts, and nobody has shown/said enough to know what those facts are. It's all a lot of gray area and people reading into things how they want. Some with biased eyes either for or against and some just looking at what is actually known and drawing conclusions from that.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X