No announcement yet.

Fred Van Vleet a Shocker Star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If he's not a first rounder...I NEVER watch or care about another NBA game. Ever...
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
      If he's not a first rounder...I NEVER watch or care about another NBA game. Ever...
      I'd love to agree with this, but I would be lying. If this happens, I will watch him play every game with a chip on his shoulder as he shows all the teams that missed on him just how big of a mistake they made. Also, Ron and Cle, and whatever other Shockers end up in the league will ALWAYS have my support.
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
        I'd love to agree with this, but I would be lying. If this happens, I will watch him play every game with a chip on his shoulder as he shows all the teams that missed on him just how big of a mistake they made. Also, Ron and Cle, and whatever other Shockers end up in the league will ALWAYS have my support.
        Being a great college PG doesn't always equate to NBA sucess. I am as big a fan of Fred as anybody, but he will have to make some serious adjustments (not always going to the rim, etc...) to be successful at the next level. He is so smart, so I think he will make those adjustments, although it won't happen over night. I think he and Ron will be second rounders. I am going to miss those guys greatly.

Comment

• Fred needs 22 steals to overtake Jason Perez's record. It's going to be close since he only has 9 regular season games + post season left.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
            Being a great college PG doesn't always equate to NBA sucess. I am as big a fan of Fred as anybody, but he will have to make some serious adjustments (not always going to the rim, etc...) to be successful at the next level. He is so smart, so I think he will make those adjustments, although it won't happen over night. I think he and Ron will be second rounders. I am going to miss those guys greatly.
            I agree for the most part. Specially about the "great college PG doesn't always equate to NBA success." That being said, I still have zero doubt that will eventually make many NBA guys wish they would've drafted him earlier. Ron on the other hand, I'm not sure makes it to the second round. Probably depends how the rest of the season and the pre-draft workouts work out.

Comment

• Fred is on my Mt Rushmore of Shocker greats.

Comment

• Wow .... Fred gets snubbed on the Cousy award finalist list.

Comment

• Well, sorry SIU. FVV may just put up a 15 assist triple double with that chip on his shoulder.

Comment

• Guess Hoop Hall just turned Into another pile of trash kind of like USA Today's poll. The intellect of whoever chooses that list must be a struggle to quantify. The list maker obviously has their head so far up their... they can't see the game through the s... in their eyes.

Comment

• Ha, Yogi on that list even after what Fred did to him on the big stage. I'm guessing the missed games with the injury is their excuse, but Fred may just GO OFF in the final couple of months.

Comment

• FVV last 5:

18.8pts 3.6rb 5.2ast 1.8stl 0.6TO 8.7ATO

FG: 27/57 (47.4%)
                        3PT: 10/18 (55.6%)
                        FT: 30/31 (96.7%)

Also, 5-0 for those keeping track at home.

Comment

• Guy even got snubbed from being listed as a snub...c'mon guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                            Wow .... Fred gets snubbed on the Cousy award finalist list.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-bas...ward-finalists
                            Sporting News, however, did not snub Fred. On that same page, you can click who they feel are the top 10 PGs. FVV is #3.

Comment

• Some good news out of this

Per Paul Suellentrop -

Hall PR rep says players can play their way on or off the list at any time. VanVleet seems to be on the right track, to my uneducated eyes.
                              So those aren't the only 10 they can use when they select the final 5.

Comment

• MVC player of the week.

WICHITA, Kan. – A day after scoring a career-high 32 points in Sunday's win at Evansville, Wichita State point guard Fred VanVleet was named Missouri Valley Conference Player of the Week, Monday.

Comment

Working...
                                X