Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    They gave it to Mock this week
    Mock maybe had 2 more balanced games where Fred didn't have the scoring against MSU. However, Mock scored 34 points this week and Fred had 33. Mock did have 32 rebounds, but he averages 14 per game so that was pretty much average for him on a team where no one else rebounds. I'll see his rebounds with Fred's 13 assists. Also, against Drake he was 21/12, but Enevold was 14/8. This is the same Enevold that went 0/2 against us and he wasn't in any foul trouble, so nice holding him down Mock.

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
      My sources are saying they award one every week.
      Change your name to Mr. Obvious. I meant I don't know what day they award it.
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

They gave it to Mock this week
        Before or after Fred went for 29 points, 5 assists, 3 steals, and zero turnovers?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
          Before or after Fred went for 29 points, 5 assists, 3 steals, and zero turnovers?
          After... It was just awarded tonight

Comment

• Damn...Guess that's typical though, considering Cotton couldn't make All MVC first team.

Comment

• Quess they don't want the Shocks getting all the awards, should have at least been co-players of the week...

Comment

• I guess LeFred will just have to do it again, which he will, if necessary. But only if necessary, which is what's so great about him.

Interesting alternate nickname idea, choida, and Curry does have winning percentage going for him over LeBron -- at least right now -- which is of course one of FVV's greatest attributes as well. I'd consider it if the nickname came first, but Curry Fred sounds like something on the menu at Passage to India, and Fred Curry just gets things out of order. I'll stick with LeFred.

Getting back to the Todd Golden piece, which is where I started, judging from his extravagant but justified praise that's probably what Golden would have called FVV, too, if he'd thought of it (maybe he should read Shockernet). And no Shocker has ever deserved it more in terms of his overall value to the team, even though I agree that the physical resemblance isn't quite there (Warren Armstrong was about the closest specimen WSU has had, just about 4-5 inches short); and I'm personally happy our guy doesn't match up to Cleveland's #23 in terms of ink. But the number is right on target, and I look forward to seeing it high up in Koch Arena some day. For now, though, I'm delighted to see it on the court -- and I hope to keep seeing it on the court all the way into April.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                  I guess LeFred will just have to do it again, which he will, if necessary. But only if necessary, which is what's so great about him.

Interesting alternate nickname idea, choida, and Curry does have winning percentage going for him over LeBron -- at least right now -- which is of course one of FVV's greatest attributes as well. I'd consider it if the nickname came first, but Curry Fred sounds like something on the menu at Passage to India, and Fred Curry just gets things out of order. I'll stick with LeFred.

Getting back to the Todd Golden piece, which is where I started, judging from his extravagant but justified praise that's probably what Golden would have called FVV, too, if he'd thought of it (maybe he should read Shockernet). And no Shocker has ever deserved it more in terms of his overall value to the team, even though I agree that the physical resemblance isn't quite there (Warren Armstrong was about the closest specimen WSU has had, just about 4-5 inches short); and I'm personally happy our guy doesn't match up to Cleveland's #23 in terms of ink. But the number is right on target, and I look forward to seeing it high up in Koch Arena some day. For now, though, I'm delighted to see it on the court -- and I hope to keep seeing it on the court all the way into April.
                  Curry and the Warriors had total domination last night in Cleveland, 132-98. The Warriors lead by as much as 43 in the 4th and outscored the Cavs by double digits in each of the first 3 quarters. In 28 minutes, Curry had 35 points (12-18/7-12/4-4) with 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 TO. In 33 minutes, LeBron had 16 points (7-16/0-3/2-2) 5 rebounds, 5 assists, and 3 TOs. James also had the worst +/- for the Cavs at -34.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                    Curry and the Warriors had total domination last night in Cleveland, 132-98. The Warriors lead by as much as 43 in the 4th and outscored the Cavs by double digits in each of the first 3 quarters. In 28 minutes, Curry had 35 points (12-18/7-12/4-4) with 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 TO. In 33 minutes, LeBron had 16 points (7-16/0-3/2-2) 5 rebounds, 5 assists, and 3 TOs. James also had the worst +/- for the Cavs at -34.
                    How is that possible? The Warriors don't have any dominant big men.

Excuse my sarcasm. And if I'm honest, Bogut is a really good defender and good enough on offense. Festus Ezeli is a solid back up too. Neither are considered among the best men in the NBA.

Comment

• Saw that remarkable score from last night. But Curry still wears the wrong number. Get LeFred to switch to #30 (currently unused, by the way), and then we'll talk.

Also, pie's point about the lack of a dominant big man could be applied to other top NBA teams too. The Spurs are right on Golden State's tail (36-6, one of the best 42 game records ever, but not leading the league!), and they don't have a dominant big man now that Duncan is about 58 years old. The Thunder really don't, the Cavs really don't. So maybe it's time for Fred and Ron to show the way at the collegiate level.

Comment

• Fred has been nominated for the Senior CLASS award

NCAA sports, NCAA athletics, sports, men's basketball, women's basketball, men's soccer, women's soccer, lacrosse, hockey, baseball, softball, football, volleyball, college, college athlete, college athletics, NCAA division I, student-athlete, award, senior, Dick Enberg

Sixty NCAA® men’s and women’s basketball student-athletes who excel both on and off the court were selected as candidates today for the 2015-16 Senior CLASS Award® in collegiate basketball. To be eligible for the award, a student-athlete must be classified as an NCAA Division I senior and have notable achievements in four areas of excellence: community, classroom, character and competition.

Comment

Fred has been nominated for the Senior CLASS award

http://www.seniorclassaward.com/news...enior_class_a/
                          That's a slam dunk!! But I'm biased.

Comment

• Congrats to Fred for being recognized by the US Basketball Writers Association as one of twenty midseason candidates for the Oscar Robertson Trophy for Men's National Player of the Year!

Comment

• When are we going to cement Fred's name in shocker lore and start calling him Fred Van Wheat?

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                                Both he and Ron need their jerseys hung from the rafters on Senior Night. Don't postpone the inevitable
                                I've been thinking of Ron and/or Fred's jerseys along side the other five a lot lately. It seems to me, upon a cursory scan of their individual accomplishments and team success, that they should both be strongly considered. I would almost go so far as to say that Fred should be a lock, and Ron not far behind.

Does anyone know what the process is to get a jersey hung from the rafters? Who decides? Are there certain requirements? Is there a waiting period?
                                "The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning."
                                -- Pele

Comment

Working...
                                X