Fred Van Vleet a Shocker Star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
    Sporting News, however, did not snub Fred. On that same page, you can click who they feel are the top 10 PGs. FVV is #3.
    That's a link to an oldy but goody from mike decourcy, in Oct 2015
    Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

• While I can't be certain this is related ... seems to me it is. Someone is going to pay ....

@FredVanVleet

I don't care about your opinion

Comment

• screwed over again, just like the pan-am team snub. they must be thinking that last november was the real shocker team. i got news for 'em...

Comment

• Oh dear.... the done pissed him off. My condolences to all future teams playing WSU. And you know his teammates will have his back as well...

Comment

• I for some reason can't find it any where. How many steals did Fred get last night?

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                Thanks. That puts him at 17 off from tying the record I believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                  Being a great college PG doesn't always equate to NBA sucess. I am as big a fan of Fred as anybody, but he will have to make some serious adjustments (not always going to the rim, etc...) to be successful at the next level. He is so smart, so I think he will make those adjustments, although it won't happen over night. I think he and Ron will be second rounders. I am going to miss those guys greatly.
                  Great points!

The NBA players that Fred and Ron remind me of, and I could see each of them emulating to some degree at least if they make their way in the NBA, are Jameer Nelson and Kirk Hinrich (I know, blasphemy blah blah blah).

Even though Nelson was an absolute stud in college at St. Joes, I never thought he had a chance of making it in the NBA. But with a lot of work on his shooting and sheer determination he carved out a really nice career.

Watching Hinrich over the years in the NBA, he's just been really consistent at doing a lot of things well, which Ron excels at also. I could see him being a floor general point guard who can also penetrate and step out and shoot the 3 when it's open, and of course play solid defense.
                  "The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning."
                  -- Pele

Comment

• Ron really needs to tighten his handles to play PG in the NBA.

Comment

• Something awesome just crossed my mind that I've never thought before. Imagine a Fred vs. Ron match-up in the league. How much fun would that be?!?!?!
                      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by Perezident View Post
                        Great points!

The NBA players that Fred and Ron remind me of, and I could see each of them emulating to some degree at least if they make their way in the NBA, are Jameer Nelson and Kirk Hinrich (I know, blasphemy blah blah blah).

Even though Nelson was an absolute stud in college at St. Joes, I never thought he had a chance of making it in the NBA. But with a lot of work on his shooting and sheer determination he carved out a really nice career.

Watching Hinrich over the years in the NBA, he's just been really consistent at doing a lot of things well, which Ron excels at also. I could see him being a floor general point guard who can also penetrate and step out and shoot the 3 when it's open, and of course play solid defense.
                        Though I agree with Ron being similar to Kirk, I don't see Jamer and Fred. Jamer was a ball of athleticism. That's not Fred at all. If I had to put money on it, I'd say Ron goes beginning of second round and Fred goes undrafted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                          Though I agree with Ron being similar to Kirk, I don't see Jamer and Fred. Jamer was a ball of athleticism. That's not Fred at all. If I had to put money on it, I'd say Ron goes beginning of second round and Fred goes undrafted.
                          It may well be in Fred's best interest to be undrafted if he isn't in the first round. That way he can essentially select teams that he would fit well with.
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Noticed this article on fivethirtyeight.com today:

Providence’s Kris Dunn won’t win player of the year honors (that’ll almost certainly go to Oklahoma’s Buddy Hield), nor will he be the top choice in the upcomin…

Not a big fan of the coronation of Dunn as best PG in CBB, but what is interesting is this graphic:

Where does FVV land? Using the stats from sports-reference.com, we can see that in 2016, he has a 43.1% assist rate and a 12.6% turnover rate. There are two points that may be his. I marked them on the next figure.

Since this graph is turnover rate vs assist rate, the slope of a line from the point to the origin is the TO/Ast rate, or in reverse, the better known Ast/TO ratio. I've marked the following graph to show just where Fred stands in perspective when it comes to historical Ast/To.

Edit: Sorry the images aren't super clear, not sure how to improve it. If you can't see it, you'll have to go to the source and see how good it is yourself :)
                            Attached Files

Comment

• I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• I believe with that steal Fred is now the all time steals leader!!

Comment

Working...
                                X