No announcement yet.

Fred Van Vleet a Shocker Star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those of you at CKA, Fred is warming up, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
      For those of you at CKA, Fred is warming up, right?
      Yup

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        Yup
        That makes me less nervous. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          Yup
          Young man is nails!!! I'm pumped for this game!!! Go SHOCKS!!!!!!
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Fred is this weeks Player of the Week for the MVC. (Link above is the MVC Notebook)

Comment

• All I know is that my sphincter tightens up everytime Fred stumbles, tumbles, trips, or grimaces in any way. Fred has kind of had an "It's a Wonderful Life" experience seeing what Shocker basketball would be like without him and it wasn't pretty. Unlike George Bailey we all got to share in Fred's nightmare. Here's hoping Fred's guardian angel earns his wings for the rest of the season.

Comment

• Is it too early to give him the MVC POY award? I don't think there's another player in the conference that is more valuable that FVV.

Comment

• Considering the path Fred has taken to get to where he is already (even without regard to injury), 1972, he has a very accomplished guardian angel -- maybe even a couple of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    Is it too early to give him the MVC POY award? I don't think there's another player in the conference that is more valuable that FVV.
                    I like Fred for POY, but Mockevicius is going to try and give him a run for his money.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      All I know is that my sphincter tightens up everytime Fred stumbles, tumbles, trips, or grimaces in any way. Fred has kind of had an "It's a Wonderful Life" experience seeing what Shocker basketball would be like without him and it wasn't pretty. Unlike George Bailey we all got to share in Fred's nightmare. Here's hoping Fred's guardian angel earns his wings for the rest of the season.
                      After that really hard tumble on a drive to the basket against Utah, I told my crew "Fred better get up, or that Utah player is going to be taking on 15,000 unhappy folks in a fistfight."
                      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                        After that really hard tumble on a drive to the basket against Utah, I told my crew "Fred better get up, or that Utah player is going to be taking on 15,000 unhappy folks in a fistfight."
                        Unfortunately, Fred plays a style that invites a lot of contact and hard spills so I think I may as well get used to TSS (Tight Sphincter Syndrome).

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                          I like Fred for POY, but Mockevicius is going to try and give him a run for his money.
                          I bet if Fred started playing for Evansville with Balentine at the 2 and Mock, and told Marty to shut the hell up, Evansville would win 30+ games.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            Unfortunately, Fred plays a style that invites a lot of contact and hard spills so I think I may as well get used to TSS (Tight Sphincter Syndrome).
                            You might want to google sphincter stretching. I think that this technique is utilized mostly in prisons and doctors offices though. When you google it, it comes up "Colonoscopy"

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                              You might want to google sphincter stretching. I think that this technique is utilized mostly in prisons and doctors offices though. When you google it, it comes up "Colonoscopy"
                              Been there, done that. Thankfully I was in a Propofol induced slumber. If it wasn't for having to wear the gown, I wanted to wear a t-shirt with this on it for my doc:
                              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                                Yeah, I have been there done that 3 times. The prep is much worse than the procedure.

Comment

Working...
                                X