No announcement yet.

Fred Van Vleet a Shocker Star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taylor is too big. He may not be bigger than Fred in real life, but compared to other actors, he will look 6-5.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
      And here I thought this board was made up of nothing but men.
      I am a man... I think.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
        I am a man... I think.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I am a man... I think.
          Now say it again and this time say it with CONVICTION and confidence.

Comment

I am a man... I think.
            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Relentless work in offseason has given Nairn new outlook on court - Lansing State Journal

Fred getting some major respect. I suspect Tom Izzo told Nairn to watch what Fred does and copy it.

"Nairn said he watched a lot of film of Wichita State senior point guard Fred VanVleet, in particular.
              “I watched a lot of his stuff, seeing where he used footwork and how his finishes were so simple and easy,” Nairn said. “How he looked at the rim all the time and was always a threat to score, even when he was looking to pass.”

Comment

• Originally posted by KraRam View Post
                Relentless work in offseason has given Nairn new outlook on court - Lansing State Journal

Fred getting some major respect. I suspect Tom Izzo told Nairn to watch what Fred does and copy it.

"Nairn said he watched a lot of film of Wichita State senior point guard Fred VanVleet, in particular.
                “I watched a lot of his stuff, seeing where he used footwork and how his finishes were so simple and easy,” Nairn said. “How he looked at the rim all the time and was always a threat to score, even when he was looking to pass.”
                Tum Tum went to Sunrise and I assume knows Fred pretty well.
                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                -John Wooden

Comment

• That explains a lot. Thanks

Comment

• "Wichita State's Gregg Marshall speaks in Rockford"

13 WREX: Rockford, Illinos

Comment

• "After he's done with a great career, whatever level that is, I hope that's the NBA, if he wants to go into coaching and I'm still on the sidelines with a whistle, I'm going to hire him."

Comment

• The Wichita State brand is building in Illinois and FVV is certainly one huge reason why. From another article (http://www.rrstar.com/article/20150919/SPORTS/150919426#) during the same 3G visit to Rockford:
                        "There’s a great tradition at Wichita state before coach got there, but there's no question that they have become an elite-level program during the time that he’s been there," Ott said. "I think that because of Fred Van Vleet, who played here ... we have more Wichita State fans here in Rockford, I think, than we have (University of Illinois) fans."

Comment

• Will some rich fella send a truck full of free WSU t-shirts to Rockford "Little Wichita", Illinois for me? Thanks! I mean if you want to expand the brand and be able to eventually own Chicago as a recruiting ground, THIS is how it gets cranking. Rockford is not equal to Chicago, but start there and branch out!
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• http://shockerhoops.net/index.php/2015/10/16/fred-vanvleet-shocker-star/

H
                            ere is a piece I wrote about Fred last night. Lots of great original pictures from Taylor Wilkes over at Dock 410, a really cool video highlight reel, and some words.
                            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Very well done. Can't wait to see that picked up on SportsCenter.

Comment

• November SI

Got word from my source. FVV may be featured in November's Sports Illustrated... Be on the look out!

Comment

Working...
                                X