No announcement yet.

Fred Van Vleet a Shocker Star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was gonna ask a quiz question about the NIT game in 2011.

Now I am afraid.
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
      I was gonna ask a quiz question about the NIT game in 2011.

Now I am afraid.
      Be bold, you can do it. Just close your eyes and imagine yourself succeeding, before you even begin typing. You got this! Just take it one keystroke at a time.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        if Fred leads this team to another Final Four appearance I would be very hard pressed not to acknowledge that he is the greatest Shocker ever when you look at the total package. Not close to the best athlete we have ever had but his LEADERSHIP skills and COMPETIVENESS are simply off the charts. No one has ever made those around them better than the sum of their parts than has FWinner.
        ...or, quite possibly, a NC. I agree about the leadership and competitiveness...just a plain will to win. Another undefeated season would be a fitting end to a great career.

Comment

• 3G has really set the bar high with his run of point guards and recruitment of FVV. Clevin Hannah was very good and each subsequent replacement has been better. I cannot imagine a day when we have a PG better than FVV, his jersey will be hanging from the rafters and it's long overdue to retire a jersey.

Comment

• From Bleacher Report top 20 point guards, Fred #2 http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2581686-ranking-the-nations-top-20-point-guards-for-2015-16-ncaa-basketball-season/page/20

Class: Senior
            2014-15 Stats: 13.6 PPG, 5.2 APG, 4.5 RPG, 1.9 SPG
            If you want to argue Fred VanVleet's production is propped up by the caliber of competition Wichita State faces in the Missouri Valley, go back and watch last year's NCAA tournament.
            VanVleet out-dueled two guards on this list—Indiana's Yogi Ferrell and KU's Frank Mason—and he also outplayed Notre Dame's Jerian Grant, who was drafted in the first round in June. VanVleet averaged 23.0 points and 4.3 assists in those three games going against some of the best guards in the country.
            The guy has game and is arguably the best leader in college basketball. Watch VanVleet on both ends of the court—he's also a terrific defender—and it's like an instructional tape for how to play point guard. Coach Gregg Marshall trusts VanVleet so much that he allows him to audible play calls.
            "He's not like an assistant coach on the floor; he's a head coach on the floor," Marshall told Bleacher Report last March. "That's a little different. I trust him to run whatever he thinks is best."
            With the addition of two transfers—KU's Conner Frankamp (eligible at semester) and Cleveland State's Anton Grady—VanVleet has more weapons as his disposal this season, and Wichita State is a legit top-10 team. VanVleet has already had a great career, reaching a Final Four as a freshman, winning 95 games in three years and setting the school's assist record. If he can get Wichita State back to a Final Four, you can edit "Shocker legend" to "college basketball legend."
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              Be bold, you can do it. Just close your eyes and imagine yourself succeeding, before you even begin typing. You got this! Just take it one keystroke at a time.
              This is a test question so that real Shocker fans can be identified. Who was the Most Outstanding Player in the 2011 NIT Tournament?

No search engines permitted.

Is this post off topic? Just wondering.

Well, I will be off. I am having lunch with my Shocker buds.

Hint: Pay attention to my new fav - Z. Brown.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                This is a test question so that real Shocker fans can be identified. Who was the Most Outstanding Player in the 2011 NIT Tournament?

No search engines permitted.

Is this post off topic? Just wondering.

Well, I will be off. I am having lunch with my Shocker buds.

Hint: Pay attention to my new fav - Z. Brown.
                Once someone answers, we'll throw a couple beers down the hatch, and move on.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I'm on a mission to figure this one out without cheating.

Comment

I like to have some graham crackers before beer.

Comment

• You need to close the hatch on the cooler filled with beer

Edit:

Damn, noticed that pun was already used
                      I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                      If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

• I had completely forgotten about how good he was in that tourney.
                        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• I ate at Bahamian restaurant and my server saw I was low on beer and asked "More Mon"

Comment

• Well, there's the little fact that the cooler filled with beer would never have it's hatch opened in the first place by the 2011 NIT MVP.

Comment

• <----------------------
                              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Wow! I iz impressed.

rdr

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                                X