Fred Van Vleet a Shocker Star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
    It's Hollywood! You just combine all of those elements into a single season (minus the NIT).

The way I see it is the movie opens with HCGM (played by Robert Downey Jr) discussing whether or not he belongs at this level after finishing 9th in the MVC. Then he goes out and recruits a single class of players which includes Baker (Channing Tatum) and VanVleet (Jayden Smith)...back story on both guys has major scenes in the movie. He's recruiting Perry Ellis and Conner Frankamp, but ends up finding Evan Wessel (also played by Channing Tatum). Conner (Simon Pegg), later transfers to the program as the missing piece.

After going undefeated in the regular season, the Shockers lose to Kentucky (portrayed by the LA Clippers with Jack Nicholson as Coach Cal), and after your heart is ripped out by the inspirational story gone wrong, the NCAA announces that UK has been declared ineligible for paying players. The mighty Shockers march on to take on KU (Mark Strong plus bad rug as Bill Self) and pummel them for an NCAA Championship!

Peter Dinklage makes a cameo as Barry Hinson, but has a 20 minute post game monologue rant cut from the final screening.

I think Marshall should be played by Denzel Washington.

Just because.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Not sure about Downey either, but I can say with confidence that Denzel doesn't have a plausible look at all. Totally different hair, and I don't think he could get the slicked-back look down.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
        Not sure about Downey either, but I can say with confidence that Denzel doesn't have a plausible look at all. Totally different hair, and I don't think he could get the slicked-back look down.
        I googled images for "slicked back hair and glasses" and in addition to a number of fine actors, HCGM showed up on page 1. Take your pick from Brad Pitt, Joseph Gordon LeVett, Jake Gyllanhaal, Leonardo De Caprio, or many others.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• DiCaprio is the only obvious choice, and it lands him his first Oscar.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• I think it's time to play some games....things are starting to get out of hand.

Comment

• Wouldn't Chuck Norris be the obvious shoo-in for Gregg Marshall?
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                Wouldn't Chuck Norris be the obvious shoo-in for Gregg Marshall?
                Gregg Marshall has never heard of her.
                Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• More great coverage of Fred

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    Wouldn't Chuck Norris be the obvious shoo-in for Gregg Marshall?
                    Clearly it would be Burt Reynolds. In the DANGER ZONE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                      Unreal.

There will be players with bigger and better stats but I will gladly argue with anyone that Fred VanVleet is the greatest Shocker of all time at the end of this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        Clearly it would be Burt Reynolds. In the DANGER ZONE!
                        Hahaha, ok, now let's get real for a moment. Here's the Oscar in the waiting...

Playing Gregg Marshall:

And since we meet up with Louisville in the 2016 National Championship for the rematch ... who better to play Rick Pitino than:

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Unreal.

There will be players with bigger and better stats but I will gladly argue with anyone that Fred VanVleet is the greatest Shocker of all time at the end of this season.
                          One of the best parts of this great run of WSU basketball is that it was lead by not only 2 great basketball players, but 2 Great Human Beings who can truly be role models to kids around the city and the country. You have this story about Van Vleet, then you have Baker who succeeded by working hard and had stories like grabbing a little girl out of the audience to help him cut down the nets, or who made sure a great 4 Year Player at ISUb got the standing ovation he deserved by calling a timeout and cheering on the crowd. Little things that make a big difference.

Comment

• Easily the best Shocker PG of all time but I'd have to put X man and Stallworth ahead of him

Comment

• Dave we can argue.

X, better stats, not near the team. Fred makes people better. And Fred has "it".

Comment

Dave we can argue.

X, better stats, not near the team. Fred makes people better. And Fred has "it".
                                I absolutely love Dave The Rave. Probably will always be my favorite Shocker of all time because of the impact he had on me during my formative years. However, if Fred leads this team to another Final Four appearance I would be very hard pressed not to acknowledge that he is the greatest Shocker ever when you look at the total package. Not close to the best athlete we have ever had but his LEADERSHIP skills and COMPETIVENESS are simply off the charts. No one has ever made those around them better than the sum of their parts than has FWinner.

Edit: I should also add his BBIQ is off the charts as well.
                                Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 13, 2015, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X