The Next AD - A Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Well I mean he waited until literally the day after the billboards went up. Would indicate a more passive, reactionary leadership instead of proactive leadership. The only thing that has changed over the past few weeks has been the billboards. Billboards put up by fans should not have been required to make his decision.

I hope he makes an awesome hire, by the way, as does everyone.
    We also had all of key returning players leave or try to leave due to the lack of vision of the AD. That can't be undersold here too

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

We also had all of key returning players leave or try to leave due to the lack of vision of the AD. That can't be undersold here too
      True. That definitely should have raised flags
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Would have been interesting to have been a fly on the fly during that termination conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
          Would have been interesting to have been a fly on the fly during that termination conversation.
          Was that wrong? Should I not have done that?

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Similar to my post in the “AD for a Day” thread, but this is what I would want the AD to go and work on (no particular order):

1) Addition of New Sports

- Men’s and Women’s soccer,
            - Men’s and Women’s wrestling
            - Women’s gymnastics
            - Men's VB
            - Men’s and Women’s lacrosse
            - Men’s and Women’s swimming

2) Overhaul + Addition of New Facilities

- Tear down Cessna and build a dedicated T&F facility. (Hayward Filed of the Midwest)
            - Build a small 5,000 seat area for WBB and VB. (house other events too)
            - Plan a total overhaul or rebuild of CKA. (The Dean Smith Center, but for 3Gs)
            - Build new stadium for soccer & lacrosse. (access for other events as well)

3) Build Relationships Locally + Nationally

Work with local community leaders and people nationwide to make Shocker athletics one of the most respected and well funded programs in the nation.

4) Someone Who Wants to Hire World Class Coaches

No more hiring the interims before doing a national search. Someone who will try to lure the best-of-the-best coaches and make it worth their while to have the privilege to coach at WSU.

5) Someone Who Doesn’t View WSU “At This Level”

This a big boy job and if we want to play with the other big boys, its time you start acting and presenting ourselves as one. Need someone who views WSU as one of, if not, the best athletic department in the country.
            The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
              Similar to my post in the “AD for a Day” thread, but this is what I would want the AD to go and work on (no particular order):

- Women’s gymnastics
              - Men's VB

- Tear down Cessna and build a dedicated T&F facility. (Hayward Filed of the Midwest)

Work with local community leaders and people nationwide to make Shocker athletics one of the most respected and well funded programs in the nation.

No more hiring the interims before doing a national search. Someone who will try to lure the best-of-the-best coaches and make it worth their while to have the privilege to coach at WSU.

This a big boy job and if we want to play with the other big boys, its time you start acting and presenting ourselves as one. Need someone who views WSU as one of, if not, the best athletic department in the country.
              The hard part is the NIL aspect will require a lot of money, and donations to the athletic department proper will also take a lot money not only to do additions and renos, but just to maintain what we have. Do we have enough deep pockets willing to do ALL that? Most large goals require a smaller number of bigger donations up front to get the ball rolling, then the smaller donors fill the rest. Then there are those of us who might be stretched to just buy tickets to attend games. I'm hoping today's change of leadership can be a catalyst.

I saw an article earlier today where a college coach (from somewhere else) said 5-10 years ago, it was the facilities arms race. Now it will turn into an NIL arms race. Can we keep up to the level we all seem to want?
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

Wonder if IB is officially on the hot seat this next season?
                Depends on the new AD's expectations and willingness to hold people accountable for those expectations.

Comment

Looking at Sarah Adams resume - she probably in the running for the job. She is a former college athlete. Has 14 to 18 years of experience within various athletic departments. From a pure athletic department experience - seems well qualified. The hard thing to judge is fund raising.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                    Barry Hinson
                    Known you're kidding, but he'd be a terrific fundraiser. Also a likely upgrade to our HC position. And a fine pitmaster to boot
                    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                      Looking at Sarah Adams resume - she probably in the running for the job. She is a former college athlete. Has 14 to 18 years of experience within various athletic departments. From a pure athletic department experience - seems well qualified. The hard thing to judge is fund raising.
                      I know she's relatively new .. and sucks for her .. but I'm guessing after the last few "hire from withins" .. many people are wanting to bring in an outside viewpoint here.

Comment

What was JR Simons degree in ?

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I know she's relatively new .. and sucks for her .. but I'm guessing after the last few "hire from withins" .. many people are wanting to bring in an outside viewpoint here.
                          As long as there is a legitimate national search, I would be fine with her as AD. Just no more rubber stamp promotion from within please. That hasn't worked out so well.
                          Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                            Looks like almost zero experience in that area. Compliance and equity are her specialties and she seems to be very good at them. She does have experience with Women’s soccer, however, so 1/2 point there.
                            Last edited by shoxlax; May 4, 2022, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

- Women’s gymnastics
                              - Men's VB

You don’t ask for much do you?

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                                What was JR Simons degree in ?
                                Bachelor of Business Administration in Entrepreneurship.

Ron Baker has a degree in Business Finance.

But not sure either one of these guys are quite ready, although JR has terrific contacts and the Champions Room in Koch Arena is named after his grandparents.

If they had the experience that Sarah Adams has they would probably be at the top of the list of candidiates.

Comment

Working...
                                X