The Next AD - A Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shox2905 View Post

Muma's statement said Sarah Adams would be the interim and they will use a search firm.
    Ah my bad. Didn't catch the article yet.

Sorry about that.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
      Do they put in an interim (like Kemnitz or someone) first and then do a big search?
      Should know that answer within the hour. Assume it will be one of the current Associate ADs.......Scooter, Alex or Brad would seem to be top choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox2905 View Post

Muma's statement said Sarah Adams would be the interim and they will use a search firm.
        Where is the statement? I didn't see it in Taylor's article.

Comment

What do we know about Sarah Adams? I know she's just a place holder, but I'm guessing she was also under DB which is going to raise flags.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Where is the statement? I didn't see it in Taylor's article.
            Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              What do we know about Sarah Adams? I know she's just a place holder, but I'm guessing she was also under DB which is going to raise flags.
              Here you go

Before she was given the interim:

“At Wichita State, she will oversee the compliance, academic support services and sports medicine departments, while leading the vision and goals of the departments and oversee implementation strategies. She will be responsible for correspondence and institutional athletic education and compliance of Title IX, coordinating the yearly Athletics Gender Equity Plan and Minority Opportunities Plan and overseeing NCAA APR and GSR data collection.”
              The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

So....

Dude would need to move from ASPEN to Wichita, and would need to be okay with probably reducing his salary by half or quarter.

Honestly, while I'm thrilled to get DB off the throne, I'm somewhat terrified as to what qualifications or characteristics Muma will desire in the replacement. A decent chance the hire will have less to do with ability or track record and more to do with identity. We're not out of the woods yet.

Times a kabillion.

Comment

That feeling in your stomach when you just escaped the frying pan only to realize you're headed straight for the fire.

Comment

She's relatively new to WSU from what I read.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

No. DB needed gone.
                      Totally agree. And I am encouraged by the tone of Muma's statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

Totally agree. And I am encouraged by the tone of Muma's statement.
                        Same.

The guy gets a chance to make a lot of friends depending on this hire. Or a lot of enemies that aren't afraid to put up billboards lol.

We will see what happens
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

"What do we know about Sarah Adams? I know she's just a place holder, but I'm guessing she was also under DB which is going to raise flags.
                          She's relatively new to WSU from what I read."

Sarah Adams will be a great fill-in until the new AD is hired! She kicks ass and takes names.

Comment

Sorry, but the talk of Marshall, Schaus and Turgeon are just silly. I will eat a double dose of crow if proven wrong. WSU needs a proven athletic administrator with a successful history of fundraising, building and maintaining a season ticket base, an innovative thinker, decision maker and problem solver. This person needs to have the integrity to know this is going to be a challenging, but rewarding role. An up and coming mid-major type or an Associate AD at a high major that has the cache previously listed. The right person is out there. Is WSU poised with the right people on this project to find him/her? That is the question.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerBoss View Post
                              "What do we know about Sarah Adams? I know she's just a place holder, but I'm guessing she was also under DB which is going to raise flags.

Sarah Adams will be a great fill-in until the new AD is hired! She kicks ass and takes names.
                              Welcome to Shockernet, Sarah.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerBoss View Post

Interesting 2nd post.

Comment

Working...
                                X