The Next AD - A Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome, Sarah! (If that's you)

We're all excited to see your leadership in action.

Comment

Some seem worried that Muma wont/can't make the right hire.

I don't know the man well enough to feel either way.

So legit question:

Those that feel strongly that he will screw this up....why do you feel that way? What other things has he screwed up so far that makes you lose faith in him?

Obviously we all know about the DB raise when he was interim. So besides that, what has he done.

Try not to make this about politics either. Just specific examples of what causes a lack of faith or hope?
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Me
        (Just kidding).

Comment

Schaus
          Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

So legit question:

Those that feel strongly that he will screw this up....why do you feel that way? What other things has he screwed up so far that makes you lose faith in him?

Obviously we all know about the DB raise when he was interim. So besides that, what has he done.

Try not to make this about politics either. Just specific examples of what causes a lack of faith or hope?

He not only gave DB a raise, he said he thought he DESERVED it.

That makes me believe he was happy with that type of performance and would be again in the future.

Also, his handling of the fHCGM was a DISASTER.

Maybe he’s learned, but I a VERY skeptical….
            The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
              He said he thought DB DESERVED the raise.

That makes me believe he was happy with that type of performance and would be again in the future.

His handling of the fHCGM was also a DISASTER.

I can understand that. I do wonder how much of it was due to Golden as well as Muma being so new to the position at the time. That would be a tough time to get that position. Perhaps he has learned from that?

I can understand that though. Thanks.

Anything else from anyone? Or does it all boil down to this moment?
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

"Welcome, Sarah! (If that's you)

We're all excited to see your leadership in action."

Not Sarah - know her as a person and leader and she is heads and tails better than the previous unmentioned individual!

Comment

With the NIL landscape being so new this might be tough, but it will need to be someone comfortable navigating these uncharted waters of the NILs and how it will influence everything.
                  Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

He not only gave DB a raise, he said he thought he DESERVED it.

Also, his handling of the fHCGM was a DISASTER.

My understanding is a lot of that was initiated by Golden. So as interim, he was probably pretty hands off and just allowed things to finish that were already started.

I've said for a while now that I would judge him based on how he would handle Boatright with the hope that action would be taken by this summer. So for now, he's on the positive side of the ledger but hasn't completely won me over. I'm not expecting him to be Bardo, but I do want to see more.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I know we are a basketball school and this is a basketball thread. However, I would like an AD that has an interest in starting soccer. It is the fastest growing participation sport in the US. We are one of a very small number of schools that do not have a soccer program. It might be a challenge to start up men's soccer at WSU. We do not produce many high level men's soccer players in the Wichita area. However, it would be easy to start up women's program. The Wichita area is putting 40-50 females into different levels of college soccer annually already, with at least 5 or more D1 players each year. Wichita has the #20 female soccer prospect in the nation right now even.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

So legit question:

Well I mean he waited until literally the day after the billboards went up. Would indicate a more passive, reactionary leadership instead of proactive leadership. The only thing that has changed over the past few weeks has been the billboards. Billboards put up by fans should not have been required to make his decision.

I hope he makes an awesome hire, by the way, as does everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerBoss View Post

Not Sarah - know her as a person and leader and she is heads and tails better than the previous unmentioned individual!
                          Do we need to change your name to FORMERShockerBoss? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Speak2me View Post
                            I know we are a basketball school and this is a basketball thread. However, I would like an AD that has an interest in starting soccer. It is the fastest growing participation sport in the US. We are one of a very small number of schools that do not have a soccer program. It might be a challenge to start up men's soccer at WSU. We do not produce many high level men's soccer players in the Wichita area. However, it would be easy to start up women's program. The Wichita area is putting 40-50 females into different levels of college soccer annually already, with at least 5 or more D1 players each year. Wichita has the #20 female soccer prospect in the nation right now even.
                            Women's soccer should have been added years ago and has had a strong supply of women's soccer talent for quite some time.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerBoss View Post

Love to hear that! Welcome to SN.

Comment

Business rule #1 - Never hire back a terminated employee.

I wonder if former Louisville AD Tom Jurich might be interested. He did a hell of a job at Louisville in raising money. His firing there was a fallout related to the Rick Pitino issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X