No announcement yet.

The Next AD - A Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those Melmacians are tough hard nosed businessmen.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
      What’s Danny Ainge up to?
      Heard he moved to Fairbanks.

Comment

Fundraiser

Social media savvy from a strategic standpoint

Understands business cases over emotions

Has a lifeline to NCAA as to decision input

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Those Melmacians are tough hard nosed businessmen.
          And love to eat cats.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Casey Scott - KSU
            Reid Sigmon - OSU

Although they probably make more as Associate/Deputy AD at football schools. Do we focus on someone from a basketball first/only school?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
              Fundraiser

Social media savvy from a strategic standpoint

Understands business cases over emotions

Has a lifeline to NCAA as to decision input
              He doesn't need the job, but your description sounds like

Tom Kosich plus he has a WSU pedigree and is an athletic supporter

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                Barry Hinson
                From a PR standpoint you couldn't do better. Not sure what kind of department he would run. But he loves WSU and would be a great personality and "feel good" boost!

Comment

Hell I will move back to Kansas and do it. Boatright won't be a tough act to follow.....
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Will the BOR be involved in the hire or just Muma?

The reason I ask (outside of not fully trusting Muma with the hire) is, could Muma be in hot water potentially to?

Maybe the BOR wants a clean break.
                    The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                      Barry Hinson
                      HIS WIFE… His wife, could have done a better job raising $$$ and foreseeing the NIL situation than fADDB!!!
                      The Assman

Comment

Do they put in an interim (like Kemnitz or someone) first and then do a big search?
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

He doesn't need the job, but your description sounds like

Tom Kosich plus he has a WSU pedigree and is an athletic supporter
                          So....

Dude would need to move from ASPEN to Wichita, and would need to be okay with probably reducing his salary by half or quarter.

Honestly, while I'm thrilled to get DB off the throne, I'm somewhat terrified as to what qualifications or characteristics Muma will desire in the replacement. A decent chance the hire will have less to do with ability or track record and more to do with identity. We're not out of the woods yet.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

So....

Dude would need to move from ASPEN to Wichita, and would need to be okay with probably reducing his salary by half or quarter.

Honestly, while I'm thrilled to get DB out of the thorn, I'm somewhat terrified as to what qualifications or characteristics Muma will desire in the replacement. A decent chance the hire will have less to do with ability or track record and more to do with identity. We're not out of the woods yet.
                            Does this fall in the category of be careful what you ask for???

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

Does this fall in the category of be careful what you ask for???
                              No. DB needed gone.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                                Do they put in an interim (like Kemnitz or someone) first and then do a big search?
                                Muma's statement said Sarah Adams would be the interim and they will use a search firm.

Comment

Working...
                                X