Fire Boatright Billboard Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

What a load of garbage. Makes me even less confident in his ability to lead the athletic department. He is basically saying he was taking the NCAA at their word and taking a wait and see approach. That shows a lack of vision and stupidity on his part. Anyone with half a brain should have seen this coming a mile a way and had several plans in place to enact whichever one became clear was the path to go. Instead, he chose to sit around and eat cheeseburgers which is apparent from the picture of him above. Good lord what a waste of a great institution and opportunity. Clean house now please!
    It's not even just that .. He didn't even make an effort to get something set up for what is ACTUALLY legal. We have no system in place for our current players to get NIL deals. That is legal and 100% in the spirit of the rule. So he's blaming it on "not wanting to cheat" .. but he didn't even do the legal part .. he just did nothing.

If he did the legal part .. Ricky might not be in the portal ... and Dex ... and Porter ... Has nothing to do with enticing new recruits (though we likely need to do that)

Comment

• Deflect deflect deflect. Fire the clown.

Comment

• Whelp! The complaint has been made (billboard threat) and ADDB has responded (Eagle article). It appears the vast majority in here are unmoved or even enraged further by his statements (no surprise considering the current state of affairs). I think it's prudent to wait a week to see any further (positive) fallout from the initiative. After that, I can't see anything left but to...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
          Put on a suit….
          A clown suit.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
            Whelp! The complaint has been made (billboard threat) and ADDB has responded (Eagle article). It appears the vast majority in here are unmoved or even enraged further by his statements (no surprise considering the current state of affairs). I think it's prudent to wait a week to see any further (positive) fallout from the initiative. After that, I can't see anything left but to...

Your politics have followed you to the sports forum.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Your politics have followed you to the sports forum.
              I liked it better when he was stuck in the non-sports forums.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                Boatright was thumbing his sack while all our players got bagz from athletic departments that could take the temperature.
                I don't understand this put down, but Iiiiiiiiiiii LIKE it!
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

It's not even just that .. He didn't even make an effort to get something set up for what is ACTUALLY legal. We have no system in place for our current players to get NIL deals. That is legal and 100% in the spirit of the rule. So he's blaming it on "not wanting to cheat" .. but he didn't even do the legal part .. he just did nothing.

If he did the legal part .. Ricky might not be in the portal ... and Dex ... and Porter ... Has nothing to do with enticing new recruits (though we likely need to do that)
                  Right. That is part of him missing the point. This was more about KEEPING key players, not recruiting new ones. And if they are saying that it is mostly due to lack of NIL opportunities and funds....and DB didn't do his due diligence while others did.....that is 100% on DB.

He either, knew this could happen and did nothing. Or wasn't aware of what could/would happen. Both show lack of leadership and fireable when you stack it with his other shortcomings that have been discussed
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Whelp! The complaint has been made (billboard threat) and ADDB has responded (Eagle article). It appears the vast majority in here are unmoved or even enraged further by his statements (no surprise considering the current state of affairs). I think it's prudent to wait a week to see any further (positive) fallout from the initiative. After that, I can't see anything left but to...

No waiting! Pull the trigger. Time is wasting and the more time waiting is just wasted opportunity. Enough is enough. Waiting around is the Biden way.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

No waiting! Pull the trigger. Time is wasting and the more time waiting is just wasted opportunity. Enough is enough. Waiting around is the Biden way.
                      Except even it comes to covid shots.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I have actually met Muma at multiple Baseball games last year and this year. I have seen him more than Boatright, but less than Sexton. Sexton was all over the basketball games and other athletic events. Never saw Golden or Bardo though.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                          I have actually met Muma at multiple Baseball games last year and this year. I have seen him more than Boatright, but less than Sexton. Sexton was all over the basketball games and other athletic events. Never saw Golden or Bardo though.
                          Sexton was a fundraising machine. Any chance he can come back as interim if Boaty's ship gets sailed?

Comment

Sexton was a fundraising machine. Any chance he can come back as interim if Boaty's ship gets sailed?
                            Sorry…I’m busy.

Comment

• Here's the KWCH story at 5 - https://www.kwch.com/2022/04/25/perc...sketball-fans/

Last edited by Ted Lasso's Neighbor; April 26, 2022, 12:06 PM. Reason: Edited to add link to article as it now includes the video.
                              Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• In 3 days...more like 12 hours right?

Comment

Working...
                                X