Fire Boatright Billboard Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Ok, I'm not in the area and never really grasped the muma thing but I still don't understand how db's extension and all public records were hidden. I believe that was under his watch, was it under his orders?
    I can't 100% say what was what there. The extension and raise I believe were set into motion by Golden. It makes sense that a recently named interim wouldn't come in and immediately rock the boat. As for who is responsible for not releasing the information, I'm not sure anyone knows outside of the administration. I don't know what all was on Muma's plate at the time and though Boatright denies it, I wouldn't be shocked if he and his team weren't actually behind suppressing that information because he's smart enough to know how poorly it would look and he already knew he wasn't well liked. But maybe Muma knew some of those things but being a new interim didn't want to jump into the public eye being "responsible" for such a move.

Either way, while the secrecy is unacceptable on this issue, I don't know if there's any way to know who holds most of the responsibility or not. I'm willing to not give Muma a pass, but considering the circumstances at the time, not hold him 100% at fault for any of it. For me, his judgement is pretty much relegated to when he was officially given the keys to the kingdom and fully in charge. To that point, outside of not firing Boatright as quickly as many would have liked, I also felt him giving DB a year while Muma got situated into his new role was understandable, and to that point, he canned DB sooner than I expected. I was anticipating a June/July decision if one was going to be made this year.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• How the BoR ever hired Golden is an absolute mystery. He was an obvious misfit for the community. He should have been vetted a bit more closely and eliminated. Then the BoR promoted from within instead of hiring someone with experience in the position.

That resulted in WSU having an inexperienced President during a pandemic. The community was already watching the situation closely because of the bad press Golden gave the university. Throw in a nationally prominent basketball program about to be thrown into turmoil.

Boatright had been responsible for the basketball program for years. That was in his job description. It's logical that Muma left Boatright to handle the basketball situation. Muma probably wasn't aware of details that had occurred in the program, and he had A LOT of things he had to deal with on an immediate basis.

the BoR was in no position to do anything about Muma. Terminating Muma would have been two back-to-back hiring errors in a very short time period and would have made hiring the next guy a lot harder.

When it was obvious that Boatright had not handled the problems the basketball program was facing Muma fired him. It's hard to blame Muma for signing a contract that was written before he was interim. Considering that he pulled the trigger on Boatright 2 years before the contract would have expired indicates he's on the right track now, even if it is a difficult path. It appears he's broken the pattern of taking the easy way out, which seemed to have become entrenched at WSU and at the BoR.

Comment

• I'll take you all word then. Let's just hope this secrecy crap is in the past.

Comment

• Golden played the everyone like a fiddle.

Said he would come in and carry on the Bardo’s legacy and keep it moving forward.

Then, once he finally got the job, he decided he wanted to move WSU in his own direction.

He was a complete disaster.
          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
            Some of you must be masochist.

I’d rather be water boarded than listen to those two.
            I don't listen live. I check twitter to see who's on the show and then listen to the recap if there's someone of interest. That way I can skip over all the cackling they do.

Looks like Taylor Eldridge is scheduled to be on Friday's show around 2:25 pm.
            Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
              I'll take you all word then. Let's just hope this secrecy crap is in the past.
              They're still being secret as far as any Open Records Request. Ever since November 2021, they've just put up Untitled for any request and a number and no description. Started at Untitled_374 and as of today they're up to Untitled_456 - https://openrecords.wichita.edu/?s Looks like they even edited the main page at https://openrecords.wichita.edu/ and removed a part about the log would be viewable.
              Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Working...
              X