Fire Boatright Billboard Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Boatright Billboard Discussion

Let's go ahead and legitimize this movement with its own thread.

I'm 100% down, so let's do this.

Let me provide an update for all of you -

I was previously PMing those interested the proposal sheet from Lamar so we could agree on a location and such. I can post that publicly here if we are all okay with that, it seems like a location where I-135 and 96 meet with a permanent bulliten style billboard and a smaller tri-vision rotating billboard on 21st and Woodlawn that folks from the east side would see driving into the campus. The cost for both of these would be about $2100 for 4 weeks/28 days.

I'm currently working on setting up the GoFundMe, although if anyone has any suggestions on a better platform to raise the funds I'm open to that as I've never used GoFundMe. It's looking like we could get them up by 5/2, and any extra funds we raise could go to throwing up some more all over town.

Hoping to finalize those details on the fundraising today, and we are good to go on the Lamar side once we have our locations finalized and such.
    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

So it looks like GoFundMe or cashapp/Venmo/PayPal direct would be the best options for fundraising.

I would like to do whichever option the folks here are most comfortable with. The GoFundMe option is much more public and open although it would likely take a bit longer to get everything finalized and get the final product up. With the direct fundraising option, I'd be more than willing to publish my account statements once we get this going for openness and accountability on this, as it's much more of a closed platform.

Let's hear what you guys want to do and then whichever we choose, I'll get it finalized and set up by the end of the day today.

Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

see if you can get a renewal option on the billboard if you want to run another 4 weeks, or multiple renewal options

I also think the GoFundMe is a better option to fund raise as it shows a little more transparency in terms of funds raised and can build some momentum in the community. Donations can be made anonymously if people are concerned about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
          see if you can get a renewal option on the billboard if you want to run another 4 weeks, or multiple renewal options
          That will absolutely be an option based on the discussions I've had with him, especially for the physical print bulliten.

Comment

You might want to include the cost of a web site and domain name in the fundraising. That way you can put the web site address on the billboard so that people can go to it and see more information, such as links to the articles about the extended contract, the athletic department financials, etc. If media run a story on the billboard, they could mention the web site in the article as well, and people who run across things after the billboards are down can still find information on the web site. You should be able to get a domain name and web site for $50 or less for a year at someplace like Go Daddy.
            Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
              You might want to include the cost of a web site and domain name in the fundraising. That way you can put the web site address on the billboard so that people can go to it and see more information, such as links to the articles about the extended contract, the athletic department financials, etc. If media run a story on the billboard, they could mention the web site in the article as well, and people who run across things after the billboards are down can still find information on the web site. You should be able to get a domain name and web site for $50 or less for a year at someplace like Go Daddy.
              Good call - I've got web design experience so that will be no problem.

Do we want to go with saveshockersports.com or is there another idea y'all want?

Comment

Wichita State's athletic leadership, most specifically athletic director Darron Boatright, have fallen … Brent Lane needs your support for Save Shocker Sports

It is ready. Spread the word!
                Last edited by Onegreatracer; April 22, 2022, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                  https://gofund.me/482ba7f2

It is ready. Spread the word!
                  Broken link it looks like

Says "campaign not found"
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Broken link it looks like

Says "campaign not found"
                    Wichita State's athletic leadership, most specifically athletic director Darron Boatright, have fallen … Brent Lane needs your support for Save Shocker Sports

updated the link! Looks like GoFundMe reset the links when I made a custom link ending for it. Should be good to go now.

Comment

nvm!

Comment

If anyone bumps into Marshall on the streets, might slip this link to him

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
                          If anyone bumps into Marshall on the streets, might slip this link to him
                          Kellen has Twitter...

Comment

Maybe donate the billboard money to our new collective.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                              Maybe donate the billboard money to our new collective.
                              Where is this new collective?
                              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                              X