No announcement yet.

NIL Collective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The reality is outside of basketball no other WSU sport can generate revenue ad for businesses, unless the next Darren Dreifort comes around.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
      The reality is outside of basketball no other WSU sport can generate revenue ad for businesses, unless the next Darren Dreifort comes around.
      That is 100% false.

You need to research top NIL earners.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I wasn't even thinking about basketball when I posted that. It's the biggest sport, but recently hasn't had the most marketable players. Syd has a decently strong social media presence. Addie could have more selling power, but I get the idea that she's not one to bask in the spotlight in that way. You probably could have used Craig though, as he was an easy guy to like and cheer for and I think could have helped a local business if marketed correctly. The volleyball team still has some good recognition and some of those girls might be able to generate some buzz. I haven't dug into who has what kind of following online. I know I follow a lot of athletes from different sports here and most are pretty much unseen on Twitter or IG. Not sure if there's a lack of interest by them or if they simply don't know how to utilize it to benefit them yet. Syd has figured it out, at least to some degree.

Then you can also simply get into who are the most attractive athletes on campus? They generate followers and buzz. There's a reason that the most successful college athletes in regards to money generally aren't playing on money making teams.
        And, in any case, how much value can they add to a business' bottom line which would provide a basis for determining compensation. I would submit not that much. But most NIL deals, and especially the really large NIL deals, have nothing to do with business other than the business of winning college basketball games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

That is 100% false.

You need to research top NIL earners.
          I'm talking strictly Wichita businesses and WSU athletes. Tell me what WSU athletes are generating revenue for businesses and how much.

Comment

• I think zero businesses are earning an ROI on NIL stuff, from a true measurable accounting perspective. It's just folks with the means doing what they've always done or wanted to do, but now out in the clear and with no downside.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
              I think zero businesses are earning an ROI on NIL stuff, from a true measurable accounting perspective. It's just folks with the means doing what they've always done or wanted to do, but now out in the clear and with no downside.
              As a small business owner we elected to sign another 2 year advertising contract with WSU vs taking the same $$ to the collective. Part of the reason was the effectiveness of current advertising vs gambling on NIL $$ not getting much ROI. Plus I don’t like the arrangement that Armchair has with their admin fees and the reports that players did not receive what they thought they contracted for. Albeit I am not privy to why there was funding withheld. It could very well be due to the players not doing what they were supposed to do. Like any contract, you need to read the fine print.

Comment

• Businesses can generate revenue by becoming known for supporting Shocker athletes, like Doo Dah Diner. They give free meals to the athletes and in turn they get tons of exposure.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

I'm talking strictly Wichita businesses and WSU athletes. Tell me what WSU athletes are generating revenue for businesses and how much.
                  You said “outside of basketball no other WSU sport CAN generate revenue ad for businesses”.

That is 100% False. They absolutely CAN.

You then countered with “what WSU athletes ARE”.

That is a totally different argument. Dumbass.

Comment

• Courts and NCAA: It cannot be pay for play. This is about the student athlete being able to make money off their own NIL.

Student Athletes: PAY ME FOR PLAYING. I ain't doin' nothin' else. Whaddya mean I gotta pay taxes and insurance?! That's your job. Where my keys?

White men get blamed for paying for kids education, room and board and healthy allowances in this clearly inequitable arrangement. Also for preventing Olivia Dunne from having to start her OF page to make $$.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Courts and NCAA: It cannot be pay for play. This is about the student athlete being able to make money off their own NIL.

Student Athletes: PAY ME FOR PLAYING. I ain't doin' nothin' else. Whaddya mean I gotta pay taxes and insurance?! That's your job. Where my keys?

White men get blamed for paying for kids education, room and board and healthy allowances in this clearly inequitable arrangement. Also for preventing Olivia Dunne from having to start her OF page to make $$.
                      Similar to when all the protest were going on:

People: "Let them loot and steal!! That's what business have insurance for!! Human life is more important than stuff!!"

Same people 6 months later: "Why is my stuff more expensive and my favorite stores closing?! This is ruining my life!!"
                      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Similar to when all the protest were going on:

People: "Let them loot and steal!! That's what business have insurance for!! Human life is more important than stuff!!"

Same people 6 months later: "Why is my stuff more expensive and my favorite stores closing?! This is ruining my life!!"
                        Or the classic: raise minimum wage to $15.00. 6 minths later: i’m never eating at McDonalds again, what happened to tbe dollar menu?

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                          I think zero businesses are earning an ROI on NIL stuff, from a true measurable accounting perspective. It's just folks with the means doing what they've always done or wanted to do, but now out in the clear and with no downside.
                          You may be right, but I can see a scenario where Carlos O' Kelly's was making some money off of the Ron Baker COK commercials during the time when we were winning big, seven or so years ago. Shocker fans were really into it, during those years. T-Shirts all over the place, and even Shockernet was a different "animal" for a long time.

I would mind hearing from Jon Rolph as to how he viewed his ROI during those years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

You may be right, but I can see a scenario where Carlos O' Kelly's was making some money off of the Ron Baker COK commercials during the time when we were winning big, seven or so years ago. Shocker fans were really into it, during those years. T-Shirts all over the place, and even Shockernet was a different "animal" for a long time.

I would mind hearing from Jon Rolph as to how he viewed his ROI during those years.
                            I did some "double-dippin'" back in the day... we have quit going to COK.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I don't know what his ROI is, but I do know Thrive has used Syd's social media presence to promote Home Grown. Have no idea what she's been paid for that. They've also purchased some of her art I believe to be displayed in some of the stores.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I think Carlos O’Kellys thinks it is good public relations, but I really doubt that they are paying the players a substantial amount of money. If COK and DooDah can inject some local interest into their commercials without a large extra investment that also gets them some free publicity, why wouldn’t they? But going much beyond that, I doubt it.

Comment

Working...
                                X