NIL Collective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

"Officially" might be able to be challenged in court IMO. Any communication at all with the NIL collectives could be seen as involvement. You might be right .. just seems like a massive gray area here.
    Yeah. Megan Rapinoe and her ACLU buddies say hi.

If anyone doesn't think that's getting challenged, I have some adorable ocean front property for sale sight unseen at a bargain.

Serious inquiries and NFTs only need apply.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

The NIL will have zero impact on Title IX because the schools aren't officially involved in allocation of funds.

And there are some female golfers and gymnasts and such that are also making bank off of NIL because they're smoking hot and there are businesses out there that see a lot of value in that.
      Any examples you have on the smoking hot ones?

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post

Any examples you have on the smoking hot ones?
        Not golfers or gymnasts, but the Cavinder twins who played basketball at Fresno State come to mind.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Not golfers or gymnasts, but the Cavinder twins who played basketball at Fresno State come to mind.
          I was hoping for pictures?

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post

I was hoping for pictures?
            Olivia is a millionaire now. And then some. Geaux Tigers.
            Read “LSU Gymnast Olivia Dunne Shares Stunning Surf Photos From Her Hawaii Vacation (PICS) ” and other NCAA articles from Total Pro Sports.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

The NIL will have zero impact on Title IX because the schools aren't officially involved in allocation of funds.

And there are some female golfers and gymnasts and such that are also making bank off of NIL because they're smoking hot and there are businesses out there that see a lot of value in that.
                Wouldn't it be great if Fredericks of Hollywood would sponsor the cheerleader ? They could provide uniforms and nil cash.
                that could possibly change my mind on turning off a crappy game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Wouldn't it be great if Fredericks of Hollywood would sponsor the cheerleader ? They could provide uniforms and nil cash.
                  that could possibly change my mind on turning off a crappy game.
                  I like the way this guy thinks.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Yeah. Megan Rapinoe and her ACLU buddies say hi.

If anyone doesn't think that's getting challenged, I have some adorable ocean front property for sale sight unseen at a bargain.

Serious inquiries and NFTs only need apply.
                    I would be interested in a time share agreement as long as I don't have to go to a seminar.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                      The twins should be rolling in cash with their social media presence and looks. I believe they already have a sizeable deal with T Mobile.

Comment

How long before a judge rules that Title IX applies to all collectives? Or more likely (since collectives don't take federal assistance), the law is changed to include collectives?
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

How long before a judge rules that Title IX applies to all collectives? Or more likely (since collectives don't take federal assistance), the law is changed to include collectives?
                          With the current makeup of the court I could see Title IX being ruled unconstitutional.

Comment

• WBJ - WSU students plan to connect athletes, businesses through name-image-likeness

Two students at Wichita State University have targeted a business opportunity in the market created by the name-image-likeness rules for college athletes.

Jacob O’Conner and Jon Peterson, students in the W. Frank Barton School of Business, have begun Player Card — a business they describe as an NIL agency that can help build a bridge between local athletes and businesses.

While a Player Card app rollout is expected this fall, the pair is already working to make connections locally.

And while they welcome athletes from all sports, they believe they can differentiate themselves in the market by more intentionally including athletes from more under-the-radar sports at the university.

NIL took college athletics by storm last year when it was introduced and allowed athletes to be compensated for the usage of their name, image and likeness.

But while athletes in revenue-driving sports like football and basketball have dominated the NIL headlines nationally, O’Conner and Peterson say it's been a tougher road for lower-profile sports.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• how long until the only fans.... i mean we're "only fans" right?

Comment

• anyone see how much dough the university of texas shelled out for a visit recently?

Comment

Working...
                                X