2022 TBT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIG DEEP!
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Of course. A weak ass foul call to end thing probably

Comment

• Awwwwww
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Bullshit ending

Comment

• The most hot garbage ending ever...

Comment

• Pretty confident AfterShocks are the better team.

Comment

• 20 fouls to 11.

Yes poor shooting and dumb mistakes cost us too. But autism had dumb mistakes too.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                  Pretty confident AfterShocks are the better team.
                  Autism army is the better story. That's been pretty evident with the whole broadcast

Comment

• Would be curious how much they are actually donating to charity. I thought they were getting 55k each, doesn’t leave much for charity.

Comment

• Not enough size today; Got bullied a lot. MM’s technical might have been the difference in the end though.

Always next season. If JE isn’t the NBA by that point, he could really help this team out.
                      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                        Not enough size today; Got bullied a lot. MM’s technical might have been the difference in the end though.

Always next season. If JE isn’t the NBA by that point, he could really help this team out.
                        Was MM jawing? I missed it. I didn’t think Autism was better than us, I think Gutter Cats were actually a better team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                          Not enough size today; Got bullied a lot. MM’s technical might have been the difference in the end though.

We actually outscored them 34-26 in the paint and rebounds were a wash. The biggest difference outside of fouls was 3pt shooting 9-31 vs 8-17 and FT shooting 10-13 vs 18-23. Autism army had 3 more TO than us.

Came down to them hitting their 3s and getting the calls.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

Was MM jawing? I missed it. I didn’t think Autism was better than us, I think Gutter Cats were actually a better team.
                            He's been talking all week. He thought he got fouled so most likely. He probably should have gotten a tech in Wichita this week.

Comment

• Thanks Aftershocks for an exciting 8 days! Love watching these guys compete.

Also, thank you to Gregg Marshall! His guys just play so GD hard! And to see several of our walk-ons from his teams now coaching their former teammates in this tourney - the pride, the sacrifice for team, the brotherhood - its unbelievably special. Say what you want about his methods, but Gregg Marshall BUILT CHAMPIONS!

​​​​​​We all need to step back and realize how special this is. For a so called mid major to get to the final 4 of a 64 team alumni tourney without so many of our recent stars - FVV, Baker, Early, Landry, Cotton, Jamie, etc - what a testament to HCGM's program and the Wichita fan base! And the fan base is why I'm still optimistic about WSU basketball going forward. Those guys LOVE playing in front of shocker nation.

I'm hopeful HCIB makes the adjustments needed and proves he's the right guy. His way is not Marshall's way, and that's fine. It doesn't have to be. But to get the most out of his program he has to light that fire within the fanbase. Wichita State fans (much like Indiana fans) are blue collar to the core and will absolutely go ape **** for a team built around toughness & brotherhood. I hope this group of Aftershocks helps him realize players want to be pushed, players want to be held accountable, players NEED to be forced into uncomfortable situations with nothing but their teammates to rely on. Teammates who get in the trenches together, survive, and overcome become brothers. They will want to win more for their teammates than even their own self. That's what Gregg Marshall did. And Wichita is the best fanbase in America when they have a team full of guys who get in the trenches and survive. Now Coach Brown, please figure out how to do this your way, but remember the keys to this are simple yet uncommon - accountability, require players to get in the trenches and be forced to rely on their teammates to get through those uncomfortable situations - if he can do that he will have a team of brothers with an unbreakable will. And Wichita will reward you and your players more than you could ever imagine!
                              Sorry for the long post, just so proud to be a shocker fan today.

P.S. My buddies who are IU fans have commented to me several times over the years how Marshall's players/teams radiated many of the same qualities as Knight's teams. Let's hope we get back on track a little quicker than the poor Hoosiers

Comment

• Needed Benedict Morris…Lol!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X