Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need 4 more recruits. One more experienced pure pg, maybe 1 more solid big. I'd take RC4 and DD and call it all good.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• If it would be a Dex that would come back and be a leader in the locker room and help out all the new players understand things, then that would be a plus. If it's a Dex that is only coming back because of a NIL deal and isn't into the whole Shocker experience anymore or helping the new guys, then I say pass. I wonder if he did come back, how that would affect Udeze and if he would want to come back as well and if so, would the coaches take Udeze back.
      Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Please, no Mo
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I think it would be out of the question With 2 new bigs coming in as well as KP and IA.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            Please, no Mo
            ... how low can we go...
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by vancedave56 View Post
                I think it would be out of the question With 2 new bigs coming in as well as KP and IA.
                This is crazy. Who is IA?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Isaac Abidde

More of a 4/3 than a 4/5 I would think, but he's taller, longer and more athletic than Mo.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Isaac Abidde

Comment

• IA won’t be a factor this year if we are any good

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        Gut feeling? Way to go Doo-Dah Diner and Redrock Canyon Grill.

Actually, what I think you have with Gus is a bit more mature young man that has been around the block a few times and probably instinctually understands what is important to him and not necessarily depend on what other people tell him what he should do.

I like it. Welcome to Wichita State, Gus. Hope you have a kick-ass final year.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 27, 2022, 04:59 PM.

Comment

• Looks like Butch is already having an impact.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                            I don't know if this have been mentioned and if so, feel free to link me to it, but I was wondering if there are any changes that were made to the portal transfer rules that were added due to covid and will be dropped at some point? Or is everything that's allowed now going to be there for awhile?
                            Here is a pretty good write up on the transfer rules and not too long of read:

The NCAA Division I Board of Directors ratified a rule change Wednesday that will allow all athletes who have not yet transferred the ability to do so one time in a college career and be immediately eligible to play.

The one-time exception had been previously available to some athletes, just not those in football, basketball, baseball and men's ice hockey. Now it will be available to all athletes who have not yet transferred, starting with the 2021-22 academic year.

This year (2021), the date for all athletes to notify their current schools that they intend to transfer is July 1. Those dates will shift to May 1 for fall and winter sport athletes and July 1 for spring sport athletes in subsequent years (2022 and beyond).

The one-time exception will count for athletes who transfer after graduating. Previously, NCAA rules permitted athletes who had graduated to transfer and be immediately eligible.

Now, if an athlete has already use a one-time exception for a transfer as an undergraduate, the athlete is not automatically eligible as a graduate transfer. Athletes can still apply for a waiver to become eligible under certain circumstances.

I don't think I realized the impact on grad transfers though. They can only transfer without sitting out if they have not transferred before according to this write up.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Here is a pretty good write up on the transfer rules and not too long of read:

The NCAA Division I Board of Directors ratified a rule change Wednesday that will allow all athletes who have not yet transferred the ability to do so one time in a college career and be immediately eligible to play.

The one-time exception had been previously available to some athletes, just not those in football, basketball, baseball and men's ice hockey. Now it will be available to all athletes who have not yet transferred, starting with the 2021-22 academic year.

This year (2021), the date for all athletes to notify their current schools that they intend to transfer is July 1. Those dates will shift to May 1 for fall and winter sport athletes and July 1 for spring sport athletes in subsequent years (2022 and beyond).

The one-time exception will count for athletes who transfer after graduating. Previously, NCAA rules permitted athletes who had graduated to transfer and be immediately eligible.

Now, if an athlete has already use a one-time exception for a transfer as an undergraduate, the athlete is not automatically eligible as a graduate transfer. Athletes can still apply for a waiver to become eligible under certain circumstances.

I don't think I realized the impact on grad transfers though. They can only transfer without sitting out if they have not transferred before according to this write up.
                              How the bleep is ES on his seventh team???

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

How the bleep is ES on his seventh team???
                                I guess the caveat with the 1 year transfer year is that I assume case-by-case waivers are still a thing, Those waivers need to be limited to perhaps only transfers the year following a head coaching change.

Comment

Working...
                                X