Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF SHOCKERNET!!!
    The Assman

Comment

• What if IB realized that he was getting killed by NIL and he knew that Council and Porter were leaning that way, so he tells Ricky and Craig, “fellas, we need to wake some people up. I want you to go into the portal. If I lose 3/4 of my players every year, I’m getting fired anyway, but what do I care, my contract is garrendamteed. Boatwrong is so simple minded. I told him what’s going on on the recruiting trail, but Boatwrong says to me,’IB we follow the amateur model here.’ I thought to myself amateur hour is more like it. I would have accepted half as much to do this job. What’s the worst that can happen? You make some money playin somewhere else and I get paid for not working.” This is how the legend of IB, the Windwagon Gambler was borne.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker82/85 View Post
        What if IB realized that he was getting killed by NIL and he knew that Council and Porter were leaning that way, so he tells Ricky and Craig, “fellas, we need to wake some people up. I want you to go into the portal. If I lose 3/4 of my players every year, I’m getting fired anyway, but what do I care, my contract is garrendamteed. Boatwrong is so simple minded. I told him what’s going on on the recruiting trail, but Boatwrong says to me,’IB we follow the amateur model here.’ I thought to myself amateur hour is more like it. I would have accepted half as much to do this job. What’s the worst that can happen? You make some money playin somewhere else and I get paid for not working.” This is how the legend of IB, the Windwagon Gambler was borne.
        He’s an evil genius, just trying to smoke out the haters!

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
          This is all so ridiculous. So now each and every year you will have to compete with every school in the country to keep any of your good players? What’s to stop any player from going out and trying to get the ‘best deal’ each and every year? At least in pro sports there are multi year contracts. This is just a free for all.

Comment

• I tell you, if IB was playing game theory by letting CP and RCIV going into the portal as a way to win them back by creating a new NIL collective, he will have earned MUCH more leniency from me.

I’m just going to dream this is true, until proven otherwise ;)
            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

This is all so ridiculous. So now each and every year you will have to compete with every school in the country to keep any of your good players? What’s to stop any player from going out and trying to get the ‘best deal’ each and every year? At least in pro sports there are multi year contracts. This is just a free for all.
              Could offer a multi-year deal like Nigel Pack which is binding.

Comment

I agree.

Have to assume there will be some equilibrium at some point.

If a player gets a few thousand bucks and a car to use while here; whatever. The can even earn more in following years if their play/brand grows; groovy.

Letting them leave every year; that has to stop.

You should get one transfer, but have to sit or burn a year of eligibility. If you sit, you don’t get anything for the year you sit.

If the coach leaves, you should get the ability to leave without sitting, but that’s it.

If you leave early, maybe you owe some of the NIL $$$ back.

Just spitballin’.
                The Assman

Comment

• Is this player transfer issue worse in basketball than football? Or do I just not notice it since we don’t have a football team?

Comment

There are going to be some catastrophic stories i'm sure. Like I said in another thread .. some player is going to end up getting sued for breach of contract. Maybe with Emmert stepping down, someone can come in that can find a way to at least put some guardrails in place on this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker82/85 View Post
                      What if IB realized that he was getting killed by NIL and he knew that Council and Porter were leaning that way, so he tells Ricky and Craig, “fellas, we need to wake some people up. I want you to go into the portal. If I lose 3/4 of my players every year, I’m getting fired anyway, but what do I care, my contract is garrendamteed. Boatwrong is so simple minded. I told him what’s going on on the recruiting trail, but Boatwrong says to me,’IB we follow the amateur model here.’ I thought to myself amateur hour is more like it. I would have accepted half as much to do this job. What’s the worst that can happen? You make some money playin somewhere else and I get paid for not working.” This is how the legend of IB, the Windwagon Gambler was borne.
                      This is one of the funniest things I have read on this website, especially when you read the quotes in IB's voice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

There are going to be some catastrophic stories i'm sure. Like I said in another thread .. some player is going to end up getting sued for breach of contract. Maybe with Emmert stepping down, someone can come in that can find a way to at least put some guardrails in place on this.
                        Maybe we should pivot our billboard campaign to try to get ADDB hired on as NCAA President.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

I agree.

Have to assume there will be some equilibrium at some point.

If a player gets a few thousand bucks and a car to use while here; whatever. The can even earn more in following years if their play/brand grows; groovy.

Letting them leave every year; that has to stop.

You should get one transfer, but have to sit or burn a year of eligibility. If you sit, you don’t get anything for the year you sit.

If the coach leaves, you should get the ability to leave without sitting, but that’s it.

If you leave early, maybe you owe some of the NIL $$$ back.

Just spitballin’.
                          Yes, the NCAA needs to step in with whatever semblance of teeth they still have. One time transfer rule, 1 year sit with the transfer and 5 years to play 4, no exceptions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Yes, the NCAA needs to step in with whatever semblance of teeth they still have. One time transfer rule, 1 year sit with the transfer and 5 years to play 4, no exceptions.
                            Stipulation for if the coach leaves.

That was always their biggest argument for players being able to move freely, so they could meet in the middle on that.

You can get your $$$, but no more highest bidder every season.

Grad transfers still allowed as well.
                            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Stipulation for if the coach leaves.

That was always their biggest argument for players being able to move freely, so they could meet in the middle on that.

You can get your $$$, but no more highest bidder every season.

Grad transfers still allowed as well.
                              Nope, no exceptions on the free transfer or everyone will want it. You’re getting paid, you don’t like the school, don’t like the coach, don’t like losing, not playing enough, coach leaves, miss your family, etc,. There’s a million excuses. You get one transfer, so make it a good one. You have to sit out a year, no waivers.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Could offer a multi-year deal like Nigel Pack which is binding.
                                But could WSU match the 'signing bonus'? That's the question.

Comment

Working...
                                X