Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

This article is a year old, but it's nice to see that even if paying money is legal, we still have our standards, and won't help our athletes.
    Adapt or die. Can't expect to land high level recruits without a good NIL strategy. Slim Chickens giving discount codes to players isn't attracting anyone while other universities have better NIL perks.

Comment

This article is a year old, but it's nice to see that even if paying money is legal, we still have our standards, and won't help our athletes.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

NIL potential would be directly related to fanbase size/engagement. Wichita State has an enviable fanbase compared to every program in the country outside of the top 30-40. We should be absolutely hitting the NIL schemes out of the park. Add in the fact that we have a TON of self-employed alumni who'd be able to set up perfectly legal advertising agreements immediately. *sigh*

Maybe this is a situation where the boosters handle things themselves like 'Bama football has done all these years. We'd need a mole in the athletic office that would direct recruits to meetings with boosters after they were done with their regular tour.

Comment

• There it is. Fire everyone

Comment

• Time to start an investigation
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• this effing sucks. If this is how college basketball is gonna be, I will lose interest real fast

Comment

• Glad we pulled in a players coach.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• If this is because we dropped the ball on setting up NIL programs .. Fire the AD ... Not sure what else needs to happen before we make that move.

Comment

• I was born into a Shocker family. I was a Wichita State graduate. I’ve been a fan since birth.

My fandom my be done.
                    The Assman

Comment

• Oh yah and **** the transfer portal.

Thanks for ruining college basketball, Jay Bilas.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I'm gonna hit a tweet limit on the OP with all these transfers

Comment

• I was locked in on all the portal news until I heard this. See you all on the flipside. Great job everybody. This! Freaking! Sucks!

Comment

• ****!
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• nm

Comment

• Ill never not root for the shockers, but seriously we may not win more than 10 to 12 games this year and hopefully that forces some major changes faster
                                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Working...
                                X