Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Going to be damn hard to recruit a a stud (which is what we need) knowing they will be mopping up minutes behind Mo. Like to see Pohto move over to the 4.
    Yea, it's that dilemma ... Can't recruit someone better with him here, but you are not guaranteed to recruit someone better anyways. You can still hope for a younger player that knows Mo is only here for one more year. I get your point though. I said the same thing with TE .. but TE technically COULD be here 2 more years (though he wont be).

Also don't see how we can operate with Pohto at the 4 with another 5 on the floor. That's 2 players with basically zero ball handling skills.

Comment

• Wait so we’ve only lost joe pleasant and qua grant this week in addition to chaunce and monzy. Is IB holding the nucleus together?

Comment

• So, who do we have on the coaching staff developing the big men? Do we need to bring in a former NBA player to help develop our guys?

Comment

• I have to say, this is playing out about as well as I’d have hoped so far.

Maybe IB is figuring it out.
          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

I think it's time for TE to move on.
            Mo too.

Comment

• NM wrong thread.
              Last edited by MikeKennedyRulZ; March 23, 2022, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                There is still a chance that players can pull their name back which seems to be happening more and more and it really complicates things even further for coaching staffs. Why don’t they put some sort of window on this process, almost like a trade deadline?
                But we don't have to accept them back at that point. They're not guaranteed a spot here at this point. IB, being the nice guy that he is, would probably take each one of them back without question though.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

But we don't have to accept them back at that point. They're not guaranteed a spot here at this point. IB, being the nice guy that he is, would probably take each one of them back without question though.
                  Does anybody remember the details of MU's toe dip in the portal a couple of years ago? Did he stay in there quite a while? I just don't remember how that went down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

Does anybody remember the details of MU's toe dip in the portal a couple of years ago? Did he stay in there quite a while? I just don't remember how that went down.
                    He stayed for a while and he indicated some high level interest (San Diego State being the only one I can remember) but that was never really confirmed elsewhere. He then decided to take his name out of the portal. Seems like he was in for a month or so.

Found this quote from Mo:

“I was in the portal but IB [Isaac Brown] used to call me like kind of recruiting me back and I would be like no I’m kind of done with it,” Udeze said.”I’m kind of done with Wichita State but I don’t know I felt like it was just right for me to come back. A great opportunity was there. I felt like it was a great decision.”
                    Porter did the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

not that I know anything, but it seemed like The Process was tight with many members of that team and convinced a bunch of them to leave due to 3G being a meanie. Mo entered the portal, along with the others from that class. 3G got fired, IB was brought in as the interim and IB called Mo and asked him to come back. Behind the scenes, we got a sense that there wasn't a lot of strong interest for Mo's services, at least at schools at WSU level or above.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

He would probably fall under the grad transfer rule exception.
                        From NCAA guidelines - Now, if an athlete has already use a one-time exception for a transfer as an undergraduate, the athlete is not automatically eligible as a graduate transfer. Athletes can still apply for a waiver to become eligible under certain circumstances.

Comment

• Originally posted by ky-mike View Post

From NCAA guidelines - Now, if an athlete has already use a one-time exception for a transfer as an undergraduate, the athlete is not automatically eligible as a graduate transfer. Athletes can still apply for a waiver to become eligible under certain circumstances.
                          It will be interesting to see because it feels like the NCAA is not in the position to deny any waivers at this point. I think most assume they will get it ... and are probably right.

Comment

• Don't think you have to sit out if you go to D2

Comment

• I tend to be a little surprised to learn Pleasant is entering the portal. I mean he started the majority of the season no??? Why would he want to leave that "luxury"???

That either tells me
                              1. - IB has told him he won't get those minutes next season because they are bringing in a legit AAC forward. (A positive sign for the program).

Or 2. - He (Pleasant) doesn't align with IB's system and philosophy. (A somewhat negative sign as that would be a "knock" on IB's coaching style).

I mean again...why would you leave guaranteed major playing time?

FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                                One thing has become clear, we cannot compete with the top of the AAC with a 6'8" Center getting the majority of minutes. Plain and simple. That would be my message to Mo. Nothing personal, but that is the honest truth.
                                Mo wasn't the weak link on WSU this year, or last year. It wasn't in the post WSU was got whipped this year.

The Shockers need a reliable performer at the 4. Taken together, they were atrocious this year; dribbling the ball off of the foot, no look passes, air balls, charges, etc. Maybe Ricks can be positive addition on the front line. He does have long arms.

Comment

Working...
                                X