Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Limited games against Tier A competition - but there are warning signs there. But I guess if you are mid- major team, u are going to draw mid-major talent.
    Or D2 talent. I'd much rather have a 36% three point shooter on our team than 75% of the 1's and 2's on the roster last season. To each his own though.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Or D2 talent. I'd much rather have a 36% three point shooter on our team than 75% of the 1's and 2's on the roster last season. To each his own though.
      Maybe. But I have a feeling it won't be that much of an upgrade when it is said and done.

But yes, to each his own. Everyone that wants to be excited has a right to and everyone that wants to be cautious has that right as well.

It is at least nice to get a commitment. Hopefully more to follow soon.
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
        Dex will be a loss on the defensive end and I wish him well wherever he ends up. He has been a good ambassador for WSU and a model student athlete. Seems about time for him and Mo to explore other opportunities honestly. They've each been here four years.

I think a lot of these kids will find that the grass isn't always greener on the other side, especially if you are trying to "level up" to a P5 school. The portal is littered with guys who had dreams of doing that to make their stock rise only to ride the pine and have their minutes dramatically cut. For every Trey Wade story their are a ton of cautionary tales. But, sometimes you have to learn the hard way.
        My sentiments, as well. Good post.

Comment

• So if I'm understanding the rules right the two key dates coming up are:

May 1: deadline to notify your school of intent to transfer and get immediate eligibility (if a first time transfer)... Not sure if this applies to grad transfers (which I think is what Porter would be?). This should apply to Council though.

June 13th: NBA Draft withdrawal deadline to maintain eligibility.

​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

I just have to constantly remind myself that there’s no age restriction on this site. I wouldn’t have these discussion in real life with teenagers.
            Please don't cry little girl. One day you will get everything you are entitled to.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Please don't cry little girl. One day you will get everything you are entitled to.
              Take a hike loser

Comment

Take a hike loser
                That's the best you got? LMAO. Typical , you can dish it out but can't take it when challenge. You are such a disappointment.

Comment

I just have to constantly remind myself that there’s no age restriction on this site. I wouldn’t have these discussion in real life with teenagers.
                  Puberty is rough on some folks.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• CP mom says he’s staying. FYI.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                      CP mom says he’s staying. FYI.
                      that would be excellent

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                        CP mom says he’s staying. FYI.
                        CP also selling his jerseys. Seems odd and does that fit into NIL? I mean I guess it must since Taylor is pimpin' it for him but still......

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

CP also selling his jerseys. Seems odd and does that fit into NIL? I mean I guess it must since Taylor is pimpin' it for him but still......
                          If they’re his, yep. Where I saw his mom saying he’s staying.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I'm sure they get a new set every year. If he's staying might as well make some money off it and keep the ones next year if he wants a momento
                            Last edited by Stickboy46; April 11, 2022, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• I cannot overstate how important it is for the success of next year's team to have the starting PG return. Still need to hit on some transfers, but KP, RCIV, and CPJ would provide a strong base for the roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I'm sure they get a new set every year. If he's staying might as well make some money off it and keep the ones next year if he wants a momento
                                Not only that but he isn't #2 anymore. So may as well sell them!!
                                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X