Boatright Stealth Extended?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shock View Post
    For half a second I thought about becoming a KU fan, but then I threw up in my mouth at the thought of having to post on Phog and all of the douchebaggery associated with being a KU fan and decided suffering through whatever in the blue blazes this is at WSU is better than getting a couple shirts at Walmart and a hat at Lidz and driving a 2002 mustang.
    The irony is that WSU is facing much the same situation as KU was in for more than a decade...3 underperforming AD's and a chancellor who simply didn't value the role that successful athletic programs could provide for the school. Athletic department mediocrity was acceptable.

Comment

• Still think that if I was one who got asked to take leave of absence without pay, a cut in pay, perhaps lost my job (even a grad asst), or hasn’t got a pay increase in who knows how long…I would be lawyering up.

Not sure what law was broken, other than maybe discrimination. That would be an interesting twist if Muma was in a discrimination law suit.

To be clear, I don’t want WSU in any legal mess…just trying to figure out a way to clean house with minimal financial damage. Maybe this is a way for them to be let go for just cause…hey, a guy can dream, can’t he?

This whole thing smells. Major shout out to Taylor E for exposing this.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
        One thing that could happen will be that DB may consider looking for exit.
        What would be his motive? He's never going to hold such a position or make this guaranteed money again in his lifetime. I see this as him comfortably riding off to early retirement.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post

To be clear, I don’t want WSU in any legal mess
          I do.

They wanted to casually destroy one of the (if not the single) best thing to ever happen to this university; turnabout is fair play,

Time to burn it all to the ground and build from scratch.
          The Assman

Comment

• Why the fuq would an interim prez extend any contract (with a raise no less at a time the dept is starring financial armageddon down the barrel) when it's not due to expire? That's the question I want muma to answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
              Why the fuq would an interim prez extend any contract (with a raise no less at a time the dept is starring financial armageddon down the barrel) when it's not due to expire? That's the question I want muma to answer.
              And calling a "raise" doesn't do it justice. We are talking a 37% increase in salary. It is so discouraging to have a group of incompetent people giving each other contracts and raises.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                Why the fuq would an interim prez extend any contract (with a raise no less at a time the dept is starring financial armageddon down the barrel) when it's not due to expire? That's the question I want muma to answer.
                My guess is he was honoring a promise made by a prior president.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

My guess is he was honoring a promise made by a prior president.
                  Then, IMHO, he's not doing his job. Previous "promises" go out along with the president. I seriously doubt that Golden was going to do any of Bardo's biding that he himself would not want and I certainly would hope that Muma wouldn't hold to anything Golden wanted.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Then, IMHO, he's not doing his job. Previous "promises" go out along with the president. I seriously doubt that Golden was going to do any of Bardo's biding that he himself would not want and I certainly would hope that Muma wouldn't hold to anything Golden wanted.
                    Do we know it wasn't contractual? Was it a "verbal" contract that could cause WSU a liability? I mean it's all just a guess on so many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Do we know it wasn't contractual?
                      Has anyone said it was? If not, phft.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Has anyone said it was? If not, phft.
                        You REALLY gotta step up your rumor, speculation and conspiracy theory game. Seeking the obvious answer and the truth is soooo pre-social media.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

A president with a spine could have.

They university would have taken a PR hit for about half a month, announcers would have brought it up during games for a season, and the world would have moved on.

This university has been a disaster since Bardo died. It’s laughable and embarrassing.

It’s times like this I wish WSU was still private and didn’t have to deal with a KBOR that could give two f**ks about WSU or their success.
                          Ditto

Comment

• BoatWrong is just a gofer who's willing to work for 50% of what his job normally pays at a university our size. It's no surprise he's underperforming. You get what you pay for.

Comment

• Whole thing makes me sick.

I had no real opinion on Muma until now... Seems not great.

Comment

• The silence is deafening. There are so many questions and no answers. The local media is too tied in with WSU and refuses to get the tough answers.

Comment

Working...
                                X