No announcement yet.

Boatright Stealth Extended?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder how many people outside of this board really care about the Boatright extension. If you talk to other people, such as other WSU fans at games, or people you know who are WSU fans, do they care? I've mentioned it to a few people and people didn't seem to really care. I figure the local tv sports people aren't going to mention it, but has Bruce or the Lutz's talked about it on the radio? I imagine any big boosters who didn't know and want Boatright gone would be upset, but seems like they would have known by now.
    Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
      I wonder how many people outside of this board really care about the Boatright extension. If you talk to other people, such as other WSU fans at games, or people you know who are WSU fans, do they care? I've mentioned it to a few people and people didn't seem to really care. I figure the local tv sports people aren't going to mention it, but has Bruce or the Lutz's talked about it on the radio? I imagine any big boosters who didn't know and want Boatright gone would be upset, but seems like they would have known by now.
      It was not mentioned in Bruce’s show yesterday, but Phil Stephenson interviewed Taylor today and discussed it. But I think that’s about the extent of what’s been said. Taylor basically implied that if the school isn’t going to talk about it, it’s just about a dead story. That’s the impression I got anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Wait... what? Point me in the direction to what you are referring to. I've guess I've completely missed that they are declining FOIA requests. I see they are declining comment, but how do you decline an FOIA?
        What Stickboy46 and Ted Lasso's Neighbor said. It may be unintentional and WSU's FOIA site is just broken, but you can no longer view the list of requests. Seems like a few pieces of the FOIA site functionality is broken.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

What Stickboy46 and Ted Lasso's Neighbor said. It may be unintentional and WSU's FOIA site is just broken, but you can no longer view the list of requests. Seems like a few pieces of the FOIA site functionality is broken.
          I sent WSU a email and asked when the FOIA site would be fixed. They have not responded.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I sent WSU a email and asked when the FOIA site would be fixed. They have not responded.
            They will probably say it is down due to Covid.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockMe300 View Post

It was not mentioned in Bruce’s show yesterday, but Phil Stephenson interviewed Taylor today and discussed it. But I think that’s about the extent of what’s been said. Taylor basically implied that if the school isn’t going to talk about it, it’s just about a dead story. That’s the impression I got anyway.
              It may be a dead story on their end, but it doesn't have to die. It needs to be kept going even if they refuse to talk. Make that the story and keep pushing it.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

It may be a dead story on their end, but it doesn't have to die. It needs to be kept going even if they refuse to talk. Make that the story and keep pushing it.
                Where's ******* when we need him?

I kid, I kid.

Comment

• They’re discussing this right now on 92.3
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• “Not a great look” - Taylor
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Surely this is all a dream...

Please wake me up when it's over...
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

"Wichita State University conducted a search of the records in WSU’s possession and control consistent with your request below:

1. contracts (and any extensions/amendments) for the head men’s basketball coach and his 3 assistant coaches, the head football coach, his 10 assistants, and any analysts, and the athletic director. If any assistant coaches do not have contracts, their letters of employment and/or salary figures will be sufficient

Attached are records responsive to your request. Additional records responsive to this request can be found on the University’s request log here. All fees for this request have been waived. The University now considers request #1638 closed."
                        The ol' athletic department sure is on top of their boilerplate. Such a competent staff we have manning the ship, no doubt.

And I'm embarrassed on their behalf that they assumed not just the gender, but also the gender identity, of the basketball and football coaches. I mean not really, but it does show how hilariously little effort is put into ANYTHING at the WSU AD. Go to work, play on the internet, play some trash can basketball, go home, collect your check. Sweet setup.

Comment

The ol' athletic department sure is on top of their boilerplate. Such a competent staff we have manning the ship, no doubt.
                          Heck, for a moment there, I thought we were bringing back foosball...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

And I'm embarrassed on their behalf that they assumed not just the gender, but also the gender identity, of the basketball and football coaches. I mean not really, but it does show how hilariously little effort is put into ANYTHING at the WSU AD. Go to work, play on the internet, play some trash can basketball, go home, collect your check. Sweet setup.
                            Actually the #1 part was what the person who made the open records request filled out on the request form, not the WSU athletic department. Unfortunately the new format of the log doesn't show who made the request like in the past. It was likely someone not familiar with the university but collecting data from various universities regarding coaches and AD salaries.
                            Last edited by Ted Lasso's Neighbor; February 15, 2022, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Actually the #1 part was what the person who made the open records request filled out on the request form, not the WSU athletic department. Unfortunately the new format of the log doesn't show who made the request like in the past. It was likely someone not familiar with the university but collecting data from various universities regarding coaches and AD salaries.
                              Ah. I did not read it that way originally.

Comment

Ah. I did not read it that way originally.
                                The requests follow pretty much the same pattern. The first line along the lines of "Wichita State University conducted a search of the records in WSU’s possession and control consistent with your request below:", and then what the person requested, and then a final paragraph from the WSU open records office about the outcome of the search (if there are records, where to find any, etc.).

Comment

Working...
                                X