No announcement yet.

Boatright Stealth Extended?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark and ominous days ahead of Shocker Nation with the late announcement of such news.

The University and the athletic department are being led by a couple of soulless bastards who have surrounded themselves with weak leaders who are taking us to quite an unsure future.

The shadows are closing in on the greatness that was built over the past twenty years and survival is no guarantee. Change is needed. Change is required. Wichita State does not have the personnel in place to achieve effective and meaningful change.

Dark days are ahead my friends. Prepare for the storm.
    The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

Money talks, everything else walks. If supporters, big and not so big, continue as "Business as Usual", nothing will change. Boatright pushed his chips in and WSU blinked.

Comment

How slimy of a move. Boatright and Muma look like absolute cockroaches. Are you kidding me? This happens, as others mentioned, during covid?? Why was this swept under the rug?? This is absolute horseshit. Boatrump should be fired with cause RIGHT NOW.

Also, I think Taylor peruses these boards. Would he have scooped on Boatright without all of the Boatright talk in here?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          Also, I think Taylor peruses these boards. Would he have scooped on Boatright without all of the Boatright talk in here?
          Taylor has posted here before, so it would not surprise me if he reads the board. Smart to do so too because this is a pretty good board for info. We get trolls for sure, but most anyone who has posted on here for a long length of time is pretty knowledgeable about WSU, so there’s good discussion that happens here. Way better info than, say, Shocker Faithful Facebook group.

78-65

Comment

Seems like we got cursed when Bardo unexpectedly passed away.

Comment

Seems my suspensions of Muma turned out to be true,

I’m glad everyone else can finally get on board with the Shock Top Wishlist.
              The Assman

Comment

On another said note:

I think I am finally at the point were I am embarrassed to be an alumnus of this “university”…
                The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                  Seems my suspensions of Muma turned out to be true,

I’m glad everyone else can finally get on board with the Shock Top Wishlist.
                  We can only hope Muma gets suspended...

Comment

Finally got around to reading the article - had to do the whole right click and open in private/incognito window stuff - and there's a link to a 2nd article from today detailing the contract and it's at https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...258293738.html Here are some details:

The base salary is $275,000, which was a $75,000 raise from his previous contract. He can receive an annual raise of 3% ($8,250) if he meets his responsibilities as determined by the president.
                    and the buyout is:

If terminated without cause, WSU’s sole financial obligation is the remaining amount of his base salary through the end of the contract, which will be paid to Boatright within 30 days of the date of termination.

A clause stipulates that Boatright has the “obligation to minimize the payments due to him” and to make “every reasonable effort to obtain other employment.” If Boatright obtains a new job, then WSU’s pay-outs would be reduced by his new compensation or ceased if it exceeds the compensation owed by WSU.

If terminated for cause, Boatright is only owed the compensation up to the date of termination.
                    The article also contained a link to the full 14 page agreement - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v6G...JUrbYMs4d/view
                    Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

We have to pay the FULL contract in 30 days, but hope for him to find another gig in that timeframe?

That make zero sense.

You would be better off retaining him, which allows you to pay him monthly for the duration of his contract, then give him a new title --"Director of Nothing" -- and hire someone else to take the AD role.

If the contract reads as reported, that's terrible.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        We have to pay the FULL contract in 30 days, but hope for him to find another gig in that timeframe?

That make zero sense.

You would be better off retaining him, which allows you to pay him monthly for the duration of his contract, then give him a new title --"Director of Nothing" -- and hire someone else to take the AD role.

If the contract reads as reported, that's terrible.
                        Looking at the agreement, they may be able to pay off a buyout over time given this part:

6.1.3. Payment of the total amount determined shall occur over the remaining Term of the Agreement as follows: 1) Within thirty (30) days of the effective date of termination without cause, payment shall be made of amounts due with respect to the remainder of the current contract year, and 2) payments due hereunder with respect to each subsequent year shall be paid monthly in accordance with WSU standard procedures, until all amounts due under this section 6 have been paid in full.
                        Sounds like if they bought him out in March for example, they'd owe him whatever is due through June of the current year. After that they would pay him in monthly payments for whatever remained.

Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Everything about WSU athletics right now is run like a 2nd grade classroom. It truly is an embarrassment.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            Everything about WSU athletics right now is run like a 2nd grade classroom. It truly is an embarrassment.
                            Why would you insult 2nd grade classrooms like that?

Comment

Once again, we do not deserve TE. He is an incredible asset to this university’s fan base. He knew what a bombshell this would be but penned the article in an informational tone and capped it off with a little ego bump for ADDB at the end, just to add some deniability to any accusations of this being a hit piece.

Comment

This would have been a great April fool joke…

Comment

Working...
                                X