Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
    The 70's are calling.
    Yes, they are. I was in my 20's in the 70's. Now I am in my 70's in the 20's.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post
      So, wait. Was it Teddy that stole the coach's truck and then yelled at the student for parking in the coach's spot outside Koch arena?

If so, does "Do you know who I am?" take on a more genuine connotation when Teddy was too high on acid to know who he was?
      "Yeah you're a lizard wearing an Elvis suit" is the only appropriate response in this context.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Well...
        Mostly what Mr. Inside blurted out is pretty close to true. Not quite everything, but a lot of it...

I think the emphasis should be on his current mentor. Since his arrival in Las Cruces, minimal issues and certainly has excelled on the court.

Teddy has been a real challenge for multiple schools along his path. Combination of background, immaturity, substance abuse, etc.
        Maybe he has finally matured, found the right setting and can be successful, on and off the court.
        America is the land of second, third and sometimes fourth chances. Teddy would be the poster child for such a thing.

That is all.

IIRC, marshall said basketball could save Teddys life, or something like that. WSU was begging the NCAA to grant his waiver BECAUSE of his issues and they thought basketball was the outlet and success he needed (paired with a strong hand to keep him on the straight and narrow). We knew at the time he had serious, horrible mental issues. When the NCAA said no, nobody was holding their breath and knew it was probably just a matter of time before he broke down.

Originally posted by insidewsu View Post
        I had to create an account because it blows my mind how little you people know about this kid.

Lets go through his history:

West Virginia - Kicked out of school (transfer) for domestic violence. He beat his girlfriend.

Wichita State - Comes into "welcoming arms" to people oblivious to the situation. Ends up getting high on acid, taking his coaches truck and commits a hit and run which put an elderly couple in the hospital. Gets covered up. Ends up getting kicked out of WSU for beating his girlfriend AGAIN and threatening to kill her if she goes to the police.

Nebraska - Domestic violence AGAIN

Now he is at NMSU

Yeah poor guy and such a sad story.

You guys are a joke.
        Now, I'm going to save WuDrWu a post on this. There is no place for this in a fan forum. It does nobody any good to post this, especially if Teddy is getting the help he needs and is really turning his life around. Considering who he is playing for, I have no reason to believe this isn't the case. Considering ShockRef said you werent completely accurate, if you were deliberately innaccurate, shame on you. If you are posting hearsay and gossip, shame on you.

And before you lambast me for taking up for a "despicable person", I am not excusing anything Teddy has done. Everyone should be and will be held accountable for what they do. I had someone very close to me who had very similar issues to Teddy. He tried and tried to turn his life around, but for some people it just isn't in the cards and he OD'd on a laced substance after a relapse. There is a difference between choosing to do horrible things and not being able to out run your parents. If Teddy has a chance to straighten out his life, keep your mouth shut and let him.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Regul8te View Post
          I don’t think people realize how much gets covered up in marquee college sports / professional sports.
          ​​​​
          Last edited by IndianaShocker; February 10, 2022, 03:06 PM.

Comment

I've been a fan of Teddy from day numero uno. He made the rest of the Shockers look like children in summer ball. There was a little Freddie V in him with respect to deceptivity. Just needed to manage him properly.

Comment

Teddy leaving, the transfer portal, someone stealing Marshall’s parking spot, Ivanka getting canceled, the AAC falling apart, Boatright being the AD. Not sure if I would call it all a curse just yet. It’s almost like the entire basketball program just needs a breather..

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

If the acid was any good I don't think he would've made it as far as starting the car...
                I've driven on a fairly good quality of acid. It was a mistake. From the sound of it, Teddy had a schizoid personality amplified by drugs and certain situations.

Comment

Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

I've driven on a fairly good quality of acid. It was a mistake. From the sound of it, Teddy had a schizoid personality amplified by drugs and certain situations.
                  I'm not really sure how to respond to that....on several levels....

Comment

I've driven on a fairly good quality of acid.
                    Me too...acid reflux is a b i t c h to deal with on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Me too...acid reflux is a b i t c h to deal with on the road.
                      GERD is a turd to deal with.
                      Last edited by WstateU; February 10, 2022, 09:17 AM.
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

You must be a professor.

I remember the Lynyrd Skynyrd documentary when the lead guitarist would say they rehearsed on acid and could see musical notes symbols coming out of the speaker as he played them. Has nothing to do with anything but the image is hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Working on his blatant charge? The next Morris Udeze?
                          I think it's more like Ricky IV.
                          "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Can't wait for more insidewsu tidbits.
                            Give him a break. He's just a blue and green haired, brainwashed, punk that has been taught that above all else in the world, his duty is to seek out and point out all social injustices.

​​​​​​He probably is a miserable person who needs to be on suicide watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Give him a break. He's just a blue and green haired, brainwashed, punk that has been taught that above all else in the world, his duty is to seek out and point out all social injustices.

​​​​​​He probably is a miserable person who needs to be on suicide watch.
                              Or she
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post
                                Yea not buying the hit & run/stolen vehicle/acid/elderly hospitalization story. Maybe it happened and he got away with it, but no way any powers that be knew he did it and allowed him to stick around. You might as well say FHCGM & the Wichita PD were willing to risk everything - careers, reputations, millions of $ in lost compensation to Marshall and in potential litigation to the city - all for Teddy Buckets? Nah
                                And if true, why didn't ******* spill this??
                                Agreed. If there was an injury accident caused by TA while impaired, the WPD would have arrested him and charged him with DUI, and the injured elderly couple would have sued him — all publicly-available records.

Comment

Working...
                                X