Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
    Mike Kennedy and Company
    I got into it with Mike once during the Todd Butler free fall. Maybe his 3rd season iirc. He basically said that I was a “clueless fan” and that Todd would have the baseball team a perineal top 10 team.

This situation is eerily similar. Controversial parting with a legend coach followed by a rapid decent and denial by the university and those “in the know”

I remember hearing constantly what a good recruiter Todd was and that he was so likable.

Comment

• Porter had 4 assists and 1 turnover. The rest of the team had 5 assists and 13 turnovers. TE had no assists and 3 turnovers. If there is 1 thing that is killing this team it is our assist to turnover ratio. I remember a few years ago going many games in a row with single digit turnovers and lots of assists. Please learn to value every possession!
      I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
        Porter had 4 assists and 1 turnover. The rest of the team had 5 assists and 13 turnovers. TE had no assists and 3 turnovers. If there is 1 thing that is killing this team it is our assist to turnover ratio. I remember a few years ago going many games in a row with single digit turnovers and lots of assists. Please learn to value every possession!
        Quick review of the stats on go shockers.com shows the last time we had a less than 1.00 assist to turnover ratio was Gregg's first year. That team went 11-20. :(

Comment

• Can you imagine being a recruit or someone in the transfer portal, watching this team and thinking…”what a great offensive scheme…that is the team for me”. “Sign me up”.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

Quick review of the stats on go shockers.com shows the last time we had a less than 1.00 assist to turnover ratio was Gregg's first year. That team went 11-20. :(
            And they would kick this teams ass.
            Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• I was pleasantly surprised that the Shocks had a legit opportunity to win the game with 5 minutes to play. Unfortunately, we just don't seem to have the Jimmies and the Joes that can make the critical play in crunch time to get us over the hump.

This team should be able to shoot the ball better than they do. Perhaps a poor offensvie scheme or poor execution of the offensive scheme is the problem. Maybe the offensive scheme we have just doesn't fit the Shocks personnel very well. Although I suppose it is possible we are just a poor shooting team.

Considering our size I think we defend and rebound pretty well.

On the bright side we are done with Memphis and Houston until the final week of February. So we have 6 weeks to put together an NIT worthy resume. That would be my goal for this season. And who knows how we will feel in 6 weeks when the Houston and Memphis rematches roll around.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 8, 2022, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• This is the result of an Omega coaching a bunch of Betas. But hey, Alphas are meanies!!

Comment

• Tyson Etienne wouldn’t even sniff the WNBA.

But our coach thinks he’s Steph Curry.

How many games has Tyson shot us out of? And killed momentum?

That dumbass “40%” shot he hit against Jacksonville State was absolutely the worst thing that could’ve happened. At this point, I would rather have taken the miss and an L.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

That team also lost so many close games. For going 4-14 in the Valley, they didn’t have too many double-digit losses (without looking…maybe 2, 3 at most). Gregg also coached his ass off. I once heard him say that he had to act like a madman that season because he knew the margin of error was small and that he needed practically every 50/50 play and call to go his way.
                    78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by Turd Furgeson View Post

I got into it with Mike once during the Todd Butler free fall. Maybe his 3rd season iirc. He basically said that I was a “clueless fan” and that Todd would have the baseball team a perineal top 10 team.

This situation is eerily similar. Controversial parting with a legend coach followed by a rapid decent and denial by the university and those “in the know”

I remember hearing constantly what a good recruiter Todd was and that he was so likable.
                      maybe that means we’ll hire a legend player at HC in basketball next!

Unfortunately, none of them have experience coaching in the league like HCEW had in The Show.
                      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktheheck View Post
                        I did not see the game.
                        All in all, Another poor effort, not much talent on the floor, and we sit on the bottom of the conference.
                        Still worried about defections at end if year....
                        Most of what you said is fine. However, it wasn’t for a lack of effort imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turd Furgeson View Post

He will transfer to a Big12 school and thrive. With the right coaching and a real offense he is NBA talented. I can see him playing at KU or Texas and averaging 15 plus.
                          Hilarious take

Comment

• We have some good players. We also have several guys that think they’re better than they are and a coach that doesn’t know the difference.
                            Last edited by Dan; January 8, 2022, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

RC hasn’t played defense in two years. Literally gets targeted by every opposing coach. If someone else shoots before he forgets where to be in the press or gets back-door’d he will certainly not box out. Additionally he suffers from an inability to recognize when he has an advantage on offense and when he should just recirculate the ball. I bet the number of swing passes he has made this season could be counted on one hand.

With that stated - if this team finds its ceiling it will because we can run out Porter, TE, Dex Dennis, and Ricky plus a big for long stretches. That combination could force defenses to play the shockers more honestly.

This team isn’t talented enough to have Ricky stuck in pick-up ball mode.
                              Of all the people you pick on today, it's Ricky. Never net-postive TE. What a moron.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by bleednblackngold View Post

Are you serious? I guess coaches should just stand on the sidelines with their hands in their pockets. That is probably the most ridiculous statement I’ve seen on SN ever.
                                Typical dumbass stick comment. That guy's post to IQ ratio is exceedingly high.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X