No announcement yet.

Wichita State at Houston Game Thread 1-8-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TE and JP are just killing us. Both huge negatives when on the floor. But I don’t see playing time being adjusted anytime soon. Which makes me just not care at all about the rest of this season

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
      Agree, CP is the team's MVP right now. TE is a LIABILITY -no other way to put it.
      Udeze is so weak on the boards. Back to TE ( zero assists and three TO's ), again, he is
      a liability. Give RC4 30 minutes to his ten a game, if that. At least RC4 boards and
      shoots no worse.
      I agree on CP.

Ricky gives literally zero attention to detail. Hasn’t done a small thing all year. The guy wouldn’t make it out of a Gregg video session alive. My only hope is the light bulb turns on for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Please show me one single call that was changed due to a coach ripping into a ref. I'll wait
        Its the next call and the overall tone that is set. Your blind and ignorant support for IB is something to behold.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Joe and Monzy both played 19 minutes. Joe had 5 points on 2-3 shooting and Monzy had 9 points on 3-5 shooting plus 2-2 from the line. The big difference though is that Joe only had 1 rebound and had 2 turnovers. Monzy had 8 rebounds and no turnovers.

Joe's plus/minus was -5. Monzy's plus/minus was -8. That may say something about how valuable that plus/minus stat is.

Comment

• There’s so much talk about IB, but why is nobody acknowledging the fact that our roster is genuinely terrible?

yes, Brown needs to do much better as a coach and I’m growing more and more frustrated with him, but here’s what he’s got to work with (also partly his,partly Marshall’s fault)

PG: We have Porter who’s actually good, but Grant still needs time to get up to speed. Right now he’s not adjusting to D1 well unfortunately. Porter is injury prone as we’ve seen and we NEED a backup PG to live up to the role.

Guards: Yes Tysons is awful right now. Part of that is that we lack any other viable offensive threat, which makes scouting us easy. Crowd the paint, Double Udeze, crash Tyson. Game over. Tyson IS potentially great but he needs help as he’s clearly not the person to just take over. Dennis is good defensively but shows a weakness offensively. Porter doesn’t shoot, Grant isn’t ready, Jenkins has defensive woes and isn’t ready, since he needs meat on him, Council sucks ass at defensive and regularly makes atomic bombs (so does Tyson), and Monzy has defensive lapses. Our bench options are woefully thin right now, especially when the basketball IQ of each guard excepting Porter is surprisingly low. We lack size, talent to even knock down open shots (as evidenced by Taylor Eldridge’s articles), penetration, and don’t have enough big threats, so teams let us shoot the three ball or they push us so far out because bigs aren’t a threat.

bigs: Udeze is udeze. He’s tiny. He’s good at making tough buckets, but he has such a small range that he can make them. He’s not a defensive threat whatsoever. Pohto is potentially a great player, but the man’s needing muscle. Pleasant… he’s invisible, timid, and is probably forgotten on most scouting reports. Monzy isn’t a big so doesn’t even belong on the four spot imo.

We really are not deep. We don’t have the ability to punish any players for atomic bombs because they consistently make stupid plays. Isaac Briwn is responsible for that up to a point, but when your players tragically regularly hand the other players the ball (looking at you Tyson, Grant, Council), what’re you supposed to do?

Im not sure that Brown is the man for the job. But I’d love to see what he (or anybody) can do with a serviceable roster with size and talent. We just don’t have that. This is not an easy roster to coach, let’s be real.

Comment

• Any idea of what this team practices in practice? Honest question. Ball handling not improved. Shooting not improved. Offense not improved. D has been consistent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                mOrAl vICtoRY ya’ll
                That 8th grade edumacation came through for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  Joe and Monzy both played 19 minutes. Joe had 5 points on 2-3 shooting and Monzy had 9 points on 3-5 shooting plus 2-2 from the line. The big difference though is that Joe only had 1 rebound and had 2 turnovers. Monzy had 8 rebounds and no turnovers.

Joe's plus/minus was -5. Monzy's plus/minus was -8. That may say something about how valuable that plus/minus stat is.
                  I'm beginning to think IB, Etienne and Joe have the same agent.
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Ripping into the refs has changed exactly zero calls in the history of sports
                    Are you serious? I guess coaches should just stand on the sidelines with their hands in their pockets. That is probably the most ridiculous statement I’ve seen on SN ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by bleednblackngold View Post

Are you serious? I guess coaches should just stand on the sidelines with their hands in their pockets. That is probably the most ridiculous statement I’ve seen on SN ever.
                      It's ridiculous to think that screaming and berating egotistical refs changes their calling philosophy going forward. They arent puppy dogs. It's all for show so that simple fans can be entertained

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                        Any idea of what this team practices in practice? Honest question. Ball handling not improved. Shooting not improved. Offense not improved. D has been consistent.
                        they practice letting the dawgs be dawgs

Comment

• Anyone else notice Sampson ripping the guy with the double doubles a$$ at the end of the game.

Coaching = Important

Comment

• Bench Tyson until he can prove he isn’t a team liability but coach pocket’s doesn’t have the balls to do that. I’m tired of seeing him on the sidelines with either his hands crossed over his stomach or in his pockets. Start yelling at his players. Give us some expression! That’s one thing I miss about our last two head coaches.
                            Shocker Alumni
                            Shocker Club Soccer alumni
                            Jayhawk fan but the Shockers come first

Comment

It's ridiculous to think that screaming and berating egotistical refs changes their calling philosophy going forward. They arent puppy dogs. It's all for show so that simple fans can be entertained
                              you've never been in competitive sports have you stickboy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Turd Furgeson View Post
                                Anyone else notice Sampson ripping the guy with the double doubles a$$ at the end of the game.

Coaching = Important
                                Anyone else notice our coach with his hands in his pockets at the end of the game?

Comment

Working...
                                X