Wichita State at Houston Game Thread 1-8-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
    Another obvious foul against Dex and they show IB on the sidelines with his hand in his pocket.

Someone needs to find a dead hooker in his office ASAP!
    Ripping into the refs has changed exactly zero calls in the history of sports

Comment

• I get that they may not exactly play the same position, but the 19 minutes that Jackson plays are 1000 times more productive than the 19 minutes Joe Pleasant plays.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Going to be a long two and a half years.

I blame my sister for me having to watch this game. She feels fine.

Chiefs better show up today
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Lots better than Memphis, N. Texas, and KSU. How’s that for a positive comment?

Comment

• TE makes me want to puke and IB sticking with him is just wrong. Team scrapped
            back to within six and TE with the atomic bomb to kill the momentum. I'll take
            RC4 over TE any day. Udeze just abused on the boards and loses his man all the
            time. JP just in over his head he can't help it. Same with QG. Rest of the team
            competed pretty well. Another horrible day with assists and turnovers.

Comment

• The miss by Dexter on the wide open three at the top of the key with 4:40 to play that would have pulled the Shocks with 3 points

Then after a couple of misses by Houston on the ensuing possession the atomic bomb turnover by Tyson extended the Houston lead back to 8.

That pretty much deflated the Shocker balloon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

But it shows passion. Some fight. I guess any emotion from the guy would be better than nothing. You know that.

Comment

• CP should get 35 minutes a game. We have no one else who can do what he can. Good defender, good assist guy, creates own shot, good rebounder, understands basketball. If I was IB I would make him the focal point and win or lose with him as the team leader.
                  I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

Are you watching?
                    Well admittedly it’s a pretty low bar for “playing well” this year. He didn’t shoot particularly great, but only one turnover, scored in double figures, and just seemed more engaged and active on offense.

Comment

you’re so right…can’t figure out why all the best coaches in the history of college basketball do it. Kinda like that disciplining players and hard practices nonsense . Just because all the best coaches throughout time have that in common doesn’t mean that IBs pussyfoot approach doesn’t work. I mean we aren’t going to win, but our players are having fun and that’s what’s important. I hear they are having a blast in Houston and coach IB is taking them all to BuCees for a brisket samich and some roast pecans. Future is bright.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turd Furgeson View Post

you’re so right…can’t figure out why all the best coaches in the history of college basketball do it. Kinda like that disciplining players and hard practices nonsense . Just because all the best coaches throughout time have that in common doesn’t mean that IBs pussyfoot approach doesn’t work. I mean we aren’t going to win, but our players are having fun and that’s what’s important. I hear they are having a blast in Houston and coach IB is taking them all to BuCees for a brisket samich and some roast pecans. Future is bright.
                        Please show me one single call that was changed due to a coach ripping into a ref. I'll wait

Comment

Please show me one single call that was changed due to a coach ripping into a ref. I'll wait
                          Immeasurable on future calls, or players thinking the coach is fighting too. You can’t say it doesn’t help either.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                            TE makes me want to puke and IB sticking with him is just wrong. Team scrapped
                            back to within six and TE with the atomic bomb to kill the momentum. I'll take
                            RC4 over TE any day. Udeze just abused on the boards and loses his man all the
                            time. JP just in over his head he can't help it. Same with QG. Rest of the team
                            competed pretty well. Another horrible day with assists and turnovers.
                            RC hasn’t played defense in two years. Literally gets targeted by every opposing coach. If someone else shoots before he forgets where to be in the press or gets back-door’d he will certainly not box out. Additionally he suffers from an inability to recognize when he has an advantage on offense and when he should just recirculate the ball. I bet the number of swing passes he has made this season could be counted on one hand.

With that stated - if this team finds its ceiling it will because we can run out Porter, TE, Dex Dennis, and Ricky plus a big for long stretches. That combination could force defenses to play the shockers more honestly.

This team isn’t talented enough to have Ricky stuck in pick-up ball mode.

Comment

• Agree, CP is the team's MVP right now. TE is a LIABILITY -no other way to put it.
                              Udeze is so weak on the boards. Back to TE ( zero assists and three TO's ), again, he is
                              a liability. Give RC4 30 minutes to his ten a game, if that. At least RC4 boards and
                              shoots no worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                                mOrAl vICtoRY ya’ll
                                I figured 20pts going in, so yes.
                                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Working...
                                X