Memphis at Wichita State Game Thread 1-1-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

I understand IB used the t-shirt cannon to pass out participation ribbons.
    Early candidate for post of the year

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

We have a scholarship and the portal exists .. need to find the best available shooting transfer.
      And a real big man (I know, they are scarce). We have been told that many of the guys we’ve got were good shooters. This is what makes me truly question our coaching staff’s ability to evaluate talent.

Comment

• The transfer portal can be your best friend or worst enemy. If I were to guess. I bet we see around 3 players leave. I would not be shocked to see anyone leave.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          Mike Kennedy "it seems like, most of the day, you guys ran pretty good offense"
          This is where HCGM would ask Mike which game he was watching.
          I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

This is where HCGM would ask Mike which game he was watching.
            Lol, when you’re shooting under 30 percent…there wasn’t any offense being ran.

Comment

• I have been to every conference tournament since 2001. (Was on 35 South in 2020 when it got called) even the play in games in the hell hole that was Scott Trade. Even when the team was struggling they still played with an effort and chip that made them a compelling team that you could be proud represented WSU. This team does not do that for me. They seem indifferent, coaches, players and administrators seem to expect us to support them no matter what **** they shovel us to eat.

How long do they think the fans and boosters will tolerate this crap before they do something.

I will save my Dallas $$$$ and use it to travel to an away baseball game or two and god willing the regional.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

If this team ends up in a NIT F4 like our bad 2019 team did, I’ll admit that you are right, and Brown is better.
                That team that made it to the NIT F4 left the program.

We've got 3 players left from the 2019-20 roster. That meant replacing 10 scholarship players in 2 years.
                Last edited by WuTheOne; January 1, 2022, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turd Furgeson View Post
                  I have been to every conference tournament since 2001. (Was on 35 South in 2020 when it got called) even the play in games in the hell hole that was Scott Trade. Even when the team was struggling they still played with an effort and chip that made them a compelling team that you could be proud represented WSU. This team does not do that for me. They seem indifferent, coaches, players and administrators seem to expect us to support them no matter what **** they shovel us to eat.

How long do they think the fans and boosters will tolerate this crap before they do something.

I will save my Dallas $$$$ and use it to travel to an away baseball game or two and god willing the regional.

I know there are other external factors but I think attendance is always a telling sign when gauging the pulse on the fan base. Remember when we had X number of consecutive sellouts. It didn’t matter if we were playing sisters of the blind, the Chuck was always full.

Like I’ve said before. I sincerely hope IB can turn this ship around. With the said, the evidence is stacking up against him.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    1, Marshall is not coming back
                    2. We cannot replace Brown
                    Thanks for ruining my 2022 on day one. Lol

Comment

• How many days to opening day for Baseball? Maybe there will be some Wedge magic in 2022.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turd Furgeson View Post
                        I have been to every conference tournament since 2001. (Was on 35 South in 2020 when it got called) even the play in games in the hell hole that was Scott Trade. Even when the team was struggling they still played with an effort and chip that made them a compelling team that you could be proud represented WSU. This team does not do that for me. They seem indifferent, coaches, players and administrators seem to expect us to support them no matter what **** they shovel us to eat.

Come on down for the Frisco College Baseball Classic in March.

I am gonna be there. Will be fun!
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Paging Chris Jans
                          Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

• We don’t seem to understand spacing, timing, screening or passing. The ball moves with zero intention or purpose. Guys are getting the ball and they aren’t ready to shoot or do anything…giving the defense time to adjust.

I also think practicing against our ourselves is making us worse on defense. We are so slow on rotations, especially underneath. It’s like other teams are playing at 1.5 speed effectively and we aren’t even good at 1.0 speed.

I do think the guys are playing with great effort most of the time. But that is it. Nothing else is crisp or sharp, which is a sign of poor coaching.

The rest of this season is about improving in those areas. If we can make serious progress, there is hope for this team over the next couple years. If we don’t get any better or god forbid regress, we can’t afford to wait longer to make a change.

ps Udeze’s block on #23’s dunk attempt made me very happy.

Pps Dex looked great today putting the ball on the floor. I know he has worked very hard on that and it was great to see him have some success!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                              Open question to all:

Other than firing the coach, what changes would we like to see made moving forward for the rest of the season? After losses to Memphis and Houston in recent years I often find myself stuck on "get better athletes" or "find guys who can hit open threes", but that isn't an option mid-season.
                              The only thing that can be done now is for Muma to start looking for an AD. One who will make an announcement in mid-April that Chris Jans has agreed to terms of his contract at WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                                I knew we wouldn’t get the Tulane treatment. Teams still get up for us.
                                Ever since Gregg slighted Penny, he's always circled this game and they have the payroll to get it done for Penny. Plus, there's energy here and their players feed on that as much as our players do.

Comment

Working...
                                X