Memphis at Wichita State Game Thread 1-1-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
    While that game wasn’t the least bit competitive…. It was still a winnable game until the “five second” call late in the first half. We were completely disoriented and gave up an easy lay-up to T. Harris.

A timeout before the five second call and we have the ball down 4-6 points. Instead it ended up being the beginning of a huge Memphis run.
    You’re blaming this outcome on a 5 second call?

Wow, if true, this team is more mentally weak than a bunch of 7th grade YMCA girls.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Turd Furgeson View Post

they’re going out for Ice Cream and going to remind themselves that “having fun” is what’s important.
      Just another example of dawgs gonna dawg.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Larry Brown didn't get a win here at 21st and Hillside as a head coach with Danny and the Miracles.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Open question to all:

Other than firing the coach, what changes would we like to see made moving forward for the rest of the season? After losses to Memphis and Houston in recent years I often find myself stuck on "get better athletes" or "find guys who can hit open threes", but that isn't an option mid-season.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

We were talking specifically about Memphis. This was in response to how much Penny owned 3G.
            Oh OK I see. Well Penny does own Marshall. And look likes he is owning the Shocks too. But hey since we are talking about domination, we don't even want to talk about the domination of Kevin Sampson over Marshall. That's what the.y call total domination. Still Marshall was a great coach but Sampson own him too.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Memphis has the kind of talent that can do that to you. However, the red flags for me were raised during post-season play last year. Barely escaping with a 68-67 win over 8th seeded USF as the No. 1 seed in the AAC Tournament and then losing 59-60 to 5th seeded Cincinnati before playing even worse in the 1st round loss to Drake in NCAA Tournament.

I wonder if the permanent HC job offer would have still been made if they had waited until the season was over? Probably, but who knows?
              BINGO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                Open question to all:

Other than firing the coach, what changes would we like to see made moving forward for the rest of the season? After losses to Memphis and Houston in recent years I often find myself stuck on "get better athletes" or "find guys who can hit open threes", but that isn't an option mid-season.
                Not sure anything can change.

I would say accountability could go a long way in improving things, but IB has shown no desire to hold players accountable for poor play/bad decisions to this point so hoping for that to change seems pretty far fetched.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Open question to all:

Benching “NBA talent” when it hurts the team. There is no I in team, right?

And yes, I realize he scored 17. Doesn’t excuse the green light he’s been given all season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turd Furgeson View Post

they’re going out for Ice Cream and going to remind themselves that “having fun” is what’s important.
                    I understand IB used the t-shirt cannon to pass out participation ribbons.

Comment

I would say accountability could go a long way in improving things, but IB has shown no desire to hold players accountable for poor play/bad decisions to this point so hoping for that to change seems pretty far fetched.
                      Bingo.

Comment

IB looked like Penny a lot of times on the sideline. Just emotionless, hands in his pockets, just blankly staring. Only difference is that Penny has talent to rescue him. IB is a poor man’s Penny. Now that is BAD.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

I understand IB used the t-shirt cannon to pass out participation ribbons.
                          At least the ribbons didn’t travel very far.

Comment

• 1, Marshall is not coming back
                            2. We cannot replace Brown

Comment

• Additional thought: Jalen Duren looks like a carbon copy of Precious Achiuwa. That 12-15 foot jumper is nasty and he is uber athletic. It would be nice to see Kenny Pohto develop a jumper like that at some point in the future.

Comment

Open question to all:

We have a scholarship and the portal exists .. need to find the best available shooting transfer.

Comment

Working...
                                X