Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
    Any postgame comments from IB/team?
    they’re going out for Ice Cream and going to remind themselves that “having fun” is what’s important.

Comment

• I'd like to see a breakdown of playing inside out and whipping the ball around the perimeter....not sure if that ever happened, why can't we get inside touches? every other team seems to ok get them...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktheheck View Post
        I'd like to see a breakdown of playing inside out and whipping the ball around the perimeter....not sure if that ever happened, why can't we get inside touches? every other team seems to ok get them...
        He said they did a poor job of that today too

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

And yet he never lost anything close to this bad. IB has done it twice now

Also saw that this is the worst defeat we've had at The Chuck in two decades.
          February, 2020 (I’m pretty sure your treasure was still the coach):
          During last year’s rough patch and a team full of freshmen, Gregg Marshall and the Shockers suffered the worst loss by point margin in the “Marshall Era,” losing by 32 points to Oklahoma in Oklahoma City. Now, with a team that has more experience, the Shockers have now set a new record with a 33 point loss to Houston on Sunday in the Fertitta Center.

Wichita State could do no right in the blowout, shooting a second-worst season-low 26.4% from the field (14-53) and a season-low 8.3% from three-point range (2-24). They were out-rebounded by 14 (44-30) and had just four assists on their 14 made baskets. The Cougars were also able to turn the Shockers over 12 times, accounting for 18 of their 76 points. The Shockers had just five points off of 10 Houston turnovers. As for the Cougars, they shot a blistering 50% (29-58) from the field and knocked down seven of their 21 threes (33%). The Cougars also had six steals and six blocks.

The emotions were running high in the game for Marshall and company. With 6:18 left in the first half, Houston guard Caleb Mills converted a three-point play. All Marshall could do was smile – that’s how the game was going with the Shockers down 27-12. At the halftime break, the margin wouldn’t get much better as they were losing 38-18. It was the worst halftime deficit the team has faced since Jan. 2008 against Bradley. The ESPN commentators called it a “feverish-nightmare” for WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
            Any postgame comments from IB/team?
            He noted they'd take the day off tomorrow.
            Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post

During last year’s rough patch and a team full of freshmen, Gregg Marshall and the Shockers suffered the worst loss by point margin in the “Marshall Era,” losing by 32 points to Oklahoma in Oklahoma City. Now, with a team that has more experience, the Shockers have now set a new record with a 33 point loss to Houston on Sunday in the Fertitta Center.

Wichita State could do no right in the blowout, shooting a second-worst season-low 26.4% from the field (14-53) and a season-low 8.3% from three-point range (2-24). They were out-rebounded by 14 (44-30) and had just four assists on their 14 made baskets. The Cougars were also able to turn the Shockers over 12 times, accounting for 18 of their 76 points. The Shockers had just five points off of 10 Houston turnovers. As for the Cougars, they shot a blistering 50% (29-58) from the field and knocked down seven of their 21 threes (33%). The Cougars also had six steals and six blocks.

The emotions were running high in the game for Marshall and company. With 6:18 left in the first half, Houston guard Caleb Mills converted a three-point play. All Marshall could do was smile – that’s how the game was going with the Shockers down 27-12. At the halftime break, the margin wouldn’t get much better as they were losing 38-18. It was the worst halftime deficit the team has faced since Jan. 2008 against Bradley. The ESPN commentators called it a “feverish-nightmare” for WSU.
              Yeah. I remember that. These types of games happen to all teams. Just have to put it behind you and move on. Iam not giving up on the Shocks. Go Shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                Gawd. Guess most of us figured this was gonna be a loss...but dyamn...exposed big time in that wracking. I'd call in a hypnotist if I were coach at this point. Maybe even some sort of witch doctor. We need to play with bigger rims.

Comment

We were talking specifically about Memphis. This was in response to how much Penny owned 3G.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

And yet he never lost anything close to this bad. IB has done it twice now

Also saw that this is the worst defeat we've had at The Chuck in two decades.
                    The Houston home game in 2020 was pretty close to what we saw today in my opinion. Today's team was more handily outplayed, but the 2020 team flat out stopped trying for 15 minutes (they made some shots late to keep it around 20 if I recall correctly). Hard to say which was worse. Heck, Grant Sherfield even quit the team after the 2020 home loss to Houston (and came back after missing a game).

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post

He noted they'd take the day off tomorrow.
                      Why give them two straight days off?
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

The Houston home game in 2020 was pretty close to what we saw today in my opinion. Today's team was more handily outplayed, but the 2020 team flat out stopped trying for 15 minutes (they made some shots late to keep it around 20 if I recall correctly). Hard to say which was worse. Heck, Grant Sherfield even quit the team after the 2020 home loss to Houston (and came back after missing a game).
                        Again, that response was to Penny owning 3G.

Give IB more time, we're going to see more of what we saw today. But that's a different discussion that for some reason is being brought into this for some reason
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Nice cherry pick.
                          Even though IB has never won an NCAA Tourney game, or achieved anything close to our former head coach ( he did defeat Houston once last year, so WooHoo, what an achievement and he should retire on top) (Like I said earlier, )if Brown takes this team to a F4 NIT run at the end of this year, I’ll give IB lots of props.

Comment

Again, that response was to Penny owning 3G.

Give IB more time, we're going to see more of what we saw today. But that's a different discussion that for some reason is being brought into this for some reason
                            I'm responding to the part about losing at home. I'm not trying to argue with anyone, I just think today's loss closely resembles the 2020 loss to Houston at CKA. Who cares about losing games to one particular coach? Kelvin Sampson has owned us just as badly.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

I'm responding to the part about losing at home. I'm not trying to argue with anyone, I just think today's loss closely resembles the 2020 loss to Houston at CKA. Who cares about losing games to one particular coach? Kelvin Sampson has owned us just as badly.
                              At least Sampson is a good coach.

We haven't lost this bad at home since Indiana State in 2001.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• We had 7 assists and 16 turnovers. Memphis had 19 assists an 18 turnovers. This speaks volumes.
                                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X